Source For Tractor Salvage Parts?

/ Source For Tractor Salvage Parts? #1  

Riddler

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TN75VA, New Holland TC45DA, New Holland TC18
My small tractor (NH TC18) recently had a transmission gear failure that unfortunately also caused the transmission case to crack. The rest of the tractor is perfectly fine. Does anyone know of a source of salvage tractor parts where I might be able to eventually find a used transmission?

BTW, a repair using new parts is no option. The total cost of the repair is more than the tractor is worth (primarily because a new transmission case is insanely expensive for some reason). If I can't find a comparable machine that is being parted out, I'm left with rims and wheels that I can sell and an engine I can probably use build some useful piece of motorized equipment someday. Give the choice, I'd rather having a running tractor, if you know what I mean.

/ Source For Tractor Salvage Parts? #2  
When I get to my shop tomarrow ill give u the people I use. U might have to pm me in case I forget.

Jeremy

/ Source For Tractor Salvage Parts? #3  
Riddler, is that transmission casing non repairable? Modern welding technology is pretty slick when it comes to that. And paying some really good welding guy big bucks for his time is still cheaper than buying a new/used transmission.

I realize not everybody has a good welder locally, but even if you have to drive a ways, tractor parts aren't cheap.

/ Source For Tractor Salvage Parts? #4  
My small tractor (NH TC18) recently had a transmission gear failure that unfortunately also caused the transmission case to crack. The rest of the tractor is perfectly fine. Does anyone know of a source of salvage tractor parts where I might be able to eventually find a used transmission?

BTW, a repair using new parts is no option. The total cost of the repair is more than the tractor is worth (primarily because a new transmission case is insanely expensive for some reason). If I can't find a comparable machine that is being parted out, I'm left with rims and wheels that I can sell and an engine I can probably use build some useful piece of motorized equipment someday. Give the choice, I'd rather having a running tractor, if you know what I mean.

Can you get a gear and have a competent welder repair the case?

/ Source For Tractor Salvage Parts?
Thanks for the welding suggestions. I don't have the transmission fully apart yet, but when I do, I'll certainly explore the welding repair possibilities. If a working used transmission were to surface in the meantime though, that would be ideal for all sorts of reasons.

/ Source For Tractor Salvage Parts? #6  
There is a new member in the New Members Introduction sub-forum that posted she runs a recycling business where she gets tractor and equipment parts in.

Her name here is chrystalm

Might not hurt to PM her

/ Source For Tractor Salvage Parts? #7  
This might help, go to Tractor house and look under parts search, it will direct you to put in make and model, this will take you to salvage dealers that have a salvage tractor in their inventory, good luck

/ Source For Tractor Salvage Parts? #8  
Myers-Ward Salvage Yard, I think they are in Fresno CA
800-344-9494

This might help, go to Tractor house and look under parts search, it will direct you to put in make and model, this will take you to salvage dealers that have a salvage tractor in their inventory, good luck

Thanks Hunter. I already tried Tractor House, but without any luck.

I doesn't help that I'm trying to find a salvage part for a relatively inexpensive compact tractor (NH TC 18). I suspect salvage folks focus most of their time and attention on more expensive machines (for good reason).

Myers-Ward Salvage Yard, I think they are in Fresno CA
800-344-9494

Because I'm in California, Fresno would be great.

The frustrating thing is that I know there is a NH dealer out there somewhere with a wrecked or partially dismantled TC 18 laying around collecting dust (or most likely rust) who would be more than happy to sell me the transmission unit out of the thing. There is no easy way to locate that needle in a haystack though.