Tractor sputters at high throttle?

/ Tractor sputters at high throttle? #1  

browndd1

I have a ford 5000 diesel tractor which has had the pump rebuilt and turned up. I have also replaced all the injectors with rebuilt ones. I have noticed that the tractor sounds like it has an exhaust leak at high throttle or like it is missing somewhat and it isn't black smoking but seems to white smoke when you pour the throttle to it. When you first start it doesn't sound like it is happy but smoothes out after it runs a while. Don't see any fuel leaks either. It has fresh fuel in it but I added lucas oil fuel conditioner to the tank. Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks

/ Tractor sputters at high throttle? #2  
Are you over-revving and hitting the govenor?. Does it have a govenor?

/ Tractor sputters at high throttle?
It has a simms pump and I open the throttle all the way. Went to start it tonight and all it did was white smoke with the throttle half open and the button pushed in on the simms pump. Tried to prime the pump and it did not have any resistance on it. Sprayed some ether in the breather and it fired right up but still sounded like it had a miss at open throttle even after it warmed up. I wonder if air is getting into the system somewhere?

/ Tractor sputters at high throttle? #4  
G'day check your timing on the pump sounds like it is out to me

Jon

/ Tractor sputters at high throttle? #5  
I have always heard that white smoke was a sign of water in the combustion chamber. The miss you feel may be the sign of a blown head gasket on one cylinder that is allowing water to enter. Check your radiator level.

/ Tractor sputters at high throttle? #6  
I agree with Gary Fowler, white smoke = water or steam from the engine. You should not only check the radiator but your oil too....see if there is any antifreeze on your dipstick when you check it. Let us know how it goes.

/ Tractor sputters at high throttle? #7  
White smoke could also be unburnt diesel.

How's the air cleaner ?

/ Tractor sputters at high throttle?
when I first took the sims pump off to be rebuilt the motor was accidentally turned over by my son so I had to start over. Put the number one cylinder on compression stroke, flywheel mark on 19 degrees btdc, and lined the marks on the front of the pump up as well as the ones on the back of the pump when you take the cover off. If I accidentally did not have it on the compression stroke would the tractor still sound good running? By the way, did a hay ride a couple weeks back and don't recall any water hitting me in the face but I will check the radiator to see if it is low.

/ Tractor sputters at high throttle? #10