John Deere Clutch Repair

/ John Deere Clutch Repair #1  

texgolfcon

Tractor
John Deere 750 Compact
Clutch went out on my JD 750 compact tractor. I have the manual to get to the clutch and am ready to move the front of the tractor away from the rear. I can't find lift eyes that attach to the engine. Manual calls for JDG-19 lift eyes but can't find them. Threads are M12x1.25. Anyone know where I can find these lift eyes or have another means to support the engine half of the tractor when I pull away from the transmission housing?

/ John Deere Clutch Repair #2  
Don't forget to block the front axle so the engine does not tip side to side. The front axle pivots so the engine will tip too. The lift eyes are just stamped steel loops.

/ John Deere Clutch Repair
Thanks, got the front axle blocked.
Also, got the loops but how do I attach to the M12-1.25 studs on the engine? Can't find a lift eye to fit the threads.

/ John Deere Clutch Repair #4  
I can't find lift eyes that attach to the engine. Manual calls for JDG-19 lift eyes but can't find them. Threads are M12x1.25. Anyone know where I can find these lift eyes or have another means to support the engine half of the tractor when I pull away from the transmission housing?

Some of my JDs had the rear lifting eye on the tractor, but rotated out
of the way on the top rt rear of the block. Another had the manual
refer to one which was not there. Like yours, I guess. I just bolted up
my own homemade bracket using the threaded holes in the block.

There is nothing wrong with supporting the engine from below, too.
Sometimes the loader mounts make good supports, too.

/ John Deere Clutch Repair #5  
On mine the right front head bolt is longer than the others thats where the loop goes, mine are missing, bought it used. I think I know what you are looking for, they are called eye nuts fastenal sells a blank you can tap they don't have metrics.

/ John Deere Clutch Repair
Found the lift eyes on Fastenal. Thanks. We'll try 'em when they get here.:thumbsup: