Ford 1720 Draft Control not working

/ Ford 1720 Draft Control not working #1  

TraderMark

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1720, 2910 John Deere 970, Case 1845
Hi guys!

The draft control on my 1720 has stopped working. Have any of you other Ford CUT owners had this problem?

I use this little tractor for so many things that I hadn't really noticed the draft control not working until I hooked up to a bottom plow revently. When I noticed the draft control not working, I unhooked the draft control linkage from the 3ph top link bracket and moved the linkage going into the lift cover by hand through its full range of motion and the lift arms didn't move at all. It didn't really feel like the linkage was moving anything inside the lift cover, though I know that can be deceiving.

I've looked at the parts diagrams for this tractor, but it's hard to tell from the diagrams since I've never had the lift cover off.

Just thought I'd ask here before I start pulling off the lift cover and start digging into internal linkages, etc.

Thanks,
Mark

/ Ford 1720 Draft Control not working #2  
Does that tractor have a leak down valve? In other words one of the valves that control how fast the 3PH lowers itself?

/ Ford 1720 Draft Control not working
Treemonakey,

Sorry it's been so long since I replied, but I was on vacation for a while and just got back.

Yes, this tractor has a valve that controls the rate of drop for the 3ph.

Mark