Terrmite

/ Terrmite #1  

jsubeh

Hi my name is jeff and I have a old terrmite t5 today I went to use it ant it won't start. I put a battery charger on it and tried to start it no luck. Then I waited and tried again but then when I turned the key of the motor kept turning over took the key out and it still did not stop. Now I'm not sure what to do any help would be much appreciated thanks

/ Terrmite #2  
What kind of motor
Is it getting spark if gas
Could be a problem with ignition switch if starter does not stop when key removed
Did you try to start with jump pack?

/ Terrmite #3  
My yanmar wouldnt start but it was the terminals that were bad. I had a similar problem as you with my neighbor's BX24. It was difficult to start and you had to kill it to stop. My neighbor got it fixed but i dont recal which part was bad.

/ Terrmite
It's a kohler 20 hp did not try a jump pack as I don't have one but I guess I should get a new key switch

/ Terrmite #6  
G'day don't know your machine but sounds like a stuck start solenoid to me just give it a tap with a screwdriver handle

Jon

/ Terrmite #7  
G'day don't know your machine but sounds like a stuck start solenoid to me just give it a tap with a screwdriver handle

Jon

I'm with you on this one, Jon. The solenoid probably stuck or welded itself because of all the cranking on the starter. It might unstick with a rap, but I would guess most likely it will need to be replaced.

My guess is the termite..er...Terramite has not been run in a long time and may have bad gasoline or a gummed up carburetor as the reason it will not start. I would pull a plug and wire to check that the engine is getting an ignition spark. If it is, then a carb cleaning and fresh fuel is indicated. If it is not getting a spark, look for a safety switch or other electrical malfunction.

/ Terrmite #8  
Hi Jeff. I'm not familiar with your machine. But hold the spark plug wire close to the engine, wile cranking it over. You should have a nice blue spark. If not, that could be your problem. If you got a good spark, then give the engine a shot of starting fluid. If it fires, then I would check the gas, no gas - bad gas.
Dave