Default Terrmite

Hi my name is jeff and I have a old terrmite t5 today I went to use it ant it won't start. I put a battery charger on it and tried to start it no luck. Then I waited and tried again but then when I turned the key of the motor kept turning over took the key out and it still did not stop. Now I'm not sure what to do any help would be much appreciated thanks

Tractor
    Kioti LK3054xs TLB, 2004

Default Re: Terrmite

What kind of motor
    Is it getting spark if gas
    Could be a problem with ignition switch if starter does not stop when key removed
    Did you try to start with jump pack?
    Joel
    2004 Kioti LK3054XS TLB
    Woods Box Blade
    King Cutter Tiller
    Three Point Snow Blower
    York rake
    60 inch king kutter tiller
    1994 Ford F600 Dump Truck "Kioti Hauler"

Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

My yanmar wouldnt start but it was the terminals that were bad. I had a similar problem as you with my neighbor's BX24. It was difficult to start and you had to kill it to stop. My neighbor got it fixed but i dont recal which part was bad.
    My Fleet:
    2004 Deere 317 Skid Steer Loader
    66" Construction bucket, imatch QA adapter, CU72 Jake Rake, Middle Buster, 60" Landscape rake, 54"x 48" Pallet forks
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Check out my rakes: www.Jakesimplements.com

Member of the TBN "Young gun" Club

It's a kohler 20 hp did not try a jump pack as I don't have one but I guess I should get a new key switch

Tractor
    Deere 755

Welcome to TBN, Jeff.

Keep in mind that there's a Terramite specific forum here, too.

Here's a link
    Terramite - TractorByNet.com
    Jerry

JD 755 w/70 loader, 60" MMM, Brush Bandit chipper, Woods RB60 blade, 48" KKII tiller, 8 hp tow behind Giant Vac
    Gator HPX 4x4 Gas,Cat 303c CR mini-ex

G'day don't know your machine but sounds like a stuck start solenoid to me just give it a tap with a screwdriver handle

Jon

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by banjodunn View Post
    G'day don't know your machine but sounds like a stuck start solenoid to me just give it a tap with a screwdriver handle

Jon
    I'm with you on this one, Jon. The solenoid probably stuck or welded itself because of all the cranking on the starter. It might unstick with a rap, but I would guess most likely it will need to be replaced.

My guess is the termite..er...Terramite has not been run in a long time and may have bad gasoline or a gummed up carburetor as the reason it will not start. I would pull a plug and wire to check that the engine is getting an ignition spark. If it is, then a carb cleaning and fresh fuel is indicated. If it is not getting a spark, look for a safety switch or other electrical malfunction.
    Jim

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1972 IH 454

Hi Jeff. I'm not familiar with your machine. But hold the spark plug wire close to the engine, wile cranking it over. You should have a nice blue spark. If not, that could be your problem. If you got a good spark, then give the engine a shot of starting fluid. If it fires, then I would check the gas, no gas - bad gas.
    Dave