massey 35 injector pump

/ massey 35 injector pump #1  

joymac61

Tractor
massey ferguson 35
Hello everyone, I have massey 35 running a perkins disiel engine. The fuel is going into one side of the pump and not coming out the other I think the fuel cut off is playing up does anyone know how hard to fix and if I need to remove the pump to fix the problem.
Thank you in advance.
Cheers Joyce

/ massey 35 injector pump #2  
Can you loosen a fitting on the outlet side to see if when you turn it over fuel doesn't start flowing? I am sure the other guys on here can tell you it shouldn't be too hard to replace a pump if it were messed up. You do have a good filter and a full tank of fuel I am guessing?

/ massey 35 injector pump #3  
do you have power to the shutoff sol,and do you hear the shutoff solenoid click when you turn the key on?

/ massey 35 injector pump #4  
G'day joyce when you say you have fuel going in but not out do you mean no fuel out the inj line? Has it been a while since it was running? Pull the fuel onto full throttle and undo the inj lines, get someone to crank the engine over and you give the side of the inj pump ( the steel bit not the alloy ) a couple of good raps with a screwdriver handle this has been known to unstick a control rack. Just for your info bison no solenoid on a 35 they are a linkage shutdown.

Jon