Ford 1900 hydraulic problem

/ Ford 1900 hydraulic problem #1  

double hunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1715
I have a 1980 Ford 1900 with a Ford FEL, the problem I am having is with the loader, when there is an attachment on the back that is raised the loader will not work, when the attachment is lowered to the ground or there is no attachment on the back it works or if the rpms are run up on the tractor it will work sometime with the attachment lifted, I just bought this tractor and knew the problem existed, the man I bought it from had it 20 years and it was always that way but he never used the loader so he worked around it, the tractor has 928 hrs on it, any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated,

/ Ford 1900 hydraulic problem #2  
Does not sound correct to me. I have the 1700 (Shibura) have no problem with using both 3pt and FEL at the same time. Do you have factory remotes or draft control on your tractor.

/ Ford 1900 hydraulic problem #3  
Was the loader a factory installed loader, or was the Ford loader added after the tractor was sold new?? Maybe something in the valve got hooked up or installed backwards or some weird thing like that? Or maybe there's a hydraulic line or valve plugged up?? It acts like the pump is deadheading when you try to work the loader with the 3pt lift raised.

The tractor is 30 yrs old, but the seller you got it from had it for 20yrs, so that leaves 10 yrs of history unaccounted for. Good luck, hope you get it figured out.....

/ Ford 1900 hydraulic problem #4  
It sound like the loader isn't plumbed correctly into the hydraulics for the TPH. Do the hoses for the loader go to the control valve for the TPH under the seat. That is where mine are hooked to. Could you post a pic of where the hoses are hooked to. When the TPH is raised with an attachment on it and you shut off the tractor does the attachment lower quickly.
Bill

/ Ford 1900 hydraulic problem #5  
show us a pic of where the loader or loader valve is plumbed to.

soundguy

/ Ford 1900 hydraulic problem
Finally quit deer hunting long enough to look at this, checked the hydraulic oil and it was horrible. lot of water and the last that dripped out looked like sludge, let all this drain out and took the screen filter out and cleaned it and it was bad also, put new hydraulic oil in it and now it will do absolutely nothing on either end, got dark, will look at it again in the morning.

/ Ford 1900 hydraulic problem #7  
The pump is air locked. At the pump (on the front of the engine) loosen the smaller line just enough so air can escape and can be quicklytightened . Start the engine at idle and when oil starts to spray tighten the line. Did you remove all three drain plugs?
Bill

/ Ford 1900 hydraulic problem
I'll give this a try, I was wondering if air would be in the lines, I drained the trans. and the rearend, guess I missed the third.

/ Ford 1900 hydraulic problem #9  
There is one on the trans . One on the drop box where the front drive shaft hooks. And one on the rearend. If you have a draw bar it hides the one on the rearend.
Bill

/ Ford 1900 hydraulic problem #10  
I was looking at the post thought you might have an answear I cant seem to locate the filter can someone explain exactly where it is Thanks