Case 580 shuttle problems

/ Case 580 shuttle problems #1  

elmonte

Tractor
Case 580 2000
We have a Case 580 backhoe, which when cold works well. However, when it warms up it hesitates to move. At first after trying a couple of times all of a sudden as if it makes the connection and it goes. Eventually it gets to the point where it is hard to get it to go forward at all. If you keep working it or do more of the work in reverse it does the same.

Anyone have any ideas what this might be?

/ Case 580 shuttle problems #2  
Hello elmonte, welcome to TBN! Glad to see you posting. Hope you enjoy being a member of our community. :)

/ Case 580 shuttle problems #4  
We have a Case 580 backhoe, which when cold works well. However, when it warms up it hesitates to move. At first after trying a couple of times all of a sudden as if it makes the connection and it goes. Eventually it gets to the point where it is hard to get it to go forward at all. If you keep working it or do more of the work in reverse it does the same. Anyone have any ideas what this might be?

I have a CK with shuttle shift that's the opposite, won't move until it warms up. Not knowing what model you have my inclination is (1) fluid is too thin /viscosity too low when warm, or (2) foot or electric dump valve is leaking or solenoid is hanging up, or (3) leaking o-rings in shuttle shift block which would leak more with warm fluid.

Those would be the good news, (4) worn out torque converter would be the bad news, because it takes longer & is more expensive to fix.

Look here: http://www.colemanequip.com/Case_Backhoe_Parts.asp?gclid=CNOQl8Lw26UCFSda7AodlSlT2A for online parts diagrams. MikeD74T

/ Case 580 shuttle problems #5  
We have a Case 580 backhoe, which when cold works well. However, when it warms up it hesitates to move. At first after trying a couple of times all of a sudden as if it makes the connection and it goes. Eventually it gets to the point where it is hard to get it to go forward at all. If you keep working it or do more of the work in reverse it does the same.

Anyone have any ideas what this might be?

Hi, You don't say waht model this is and there are probably many differences over the years, but on the early units the mainshaft passing througfh the shuttle clutches had some small cast iron sealing rings that used to wear out, which caused fluid to be directed to both shuttle clutches at the same time preventing them from operating properly.

/ Case 580 shuttle problems #6  
Hi, I have problem with my CASE 580C when operating strongly for 2 hrs. It's getting weaker in lifting loads from the behind bucket. For your information I have replace the Main Pump, Front Control Valve and all the Oil Ring in rear control valve. Please I need your valuable assist.

/ Case 580 shuttle problems #7  
Possibly after the oil gets warmed up, it's going around the seal(s) in the boom cylinder.