3 point hitch wont stay lift

/ 3 point hitch wont stay lift #1  

yzrdr53

Tractor
mahindra 5500 4wd
I've had a 2005 Mahindra 5500 4wd since it was new. It's been a true workhorse! Recently the 3-point hitch quit staying in the "up" position unless the throttle is revved. All fluids and filters have been properly serviced throughout its life, and control valve assembly has been disassembled, inspected, and seals replaced subsequent to this problem. That repair attempt didn't change my problem: it will only stay in the "up" position when the throttle is kept revved. Any ideas as to what else it could be?

/ 3 point hitch wont stay lift #2  
Does it have a loader? If yes, do all the loader functions work normally?? If yes, then probably the hydraulic pump is probably ok.

If you don't have a loader, I would get a pressure gauge and check the hydraulic pressure, maybe the pump is getting worn/weak? The service manual should tell you where/how to check it, and what you should measure. Good luck.

/ 3 point hitch wont stay lift #3  
Look for hyd cylinder leaking, a relief valve sticking, an unloader valve sticking, valve leaking. If you install a hyd gage, you should be able to trouble shoot your hyd system. You should have full pressure when the 3pt valve is in relief mode.

/ 3 point hitch wont stay lift #4  
flow rate check would help too. that and the pressure check will tell you alot.

soundguy