3444 engine overhaul & clutch replace & intro

/ 3444 engine overhaul & clutch replace & intro #1  

EarthenHomes

Tractor
international 3444
Hello; new to forums I am a Home builder speacializing in concrete & masonry solar homes. I have this mid 60's IH 3444 backhoe & frontend loader, that I have used for quite some time, but finally had to tear it down because of a dropped valve seat. Tore into it & found the compression ring lands to be very worn in width. Was planning on recutting the ring lands so they would accept a 5/32 ring, but got to thinking that the increased width of the ring would cause the ring travel to end up past where a small ring ridge was present in the cylinder bore. even if I remove the ring ridge and rehone the bore, I am concerned that the ring would not seat properly in that last 1/8" of travel. I am not looking for perfection here, just need to get it back in service for awhile with the least expense.
Does anyone out there have any experience with this probem of installing a wider than stock ring in the top compression groove, & hoping it will seal.
any advice would be appreciated.

/ 3444 engine overhaul & clutch replace & intro #2  
Hello EarthenHomes, welcome to TBN! Glad to see you posting. Hope you enjoy being a member of our community. :)

/ 3444 engine overhaul & clutch replace & intro #4  
Hello and welcome to TBN