massey ferguson 1433v pto problems

/ massey ferguson 1433v pto problems #1  

trkorn

Tractor
massey ferguson 1433v
My pto starts but only turns a few times then stops on my massey ferguson 1433v. what is wrong with it?

/ massey ferguson 1433v pto problems #2  
Has it been a while since the PTO was last used?

There are 2 solenoids that are used to activate the PTO, the first activates for a few seconds at about half power to help modulate the engadgement of the PTO. Then the second kicks on & holds it.

Sounds like the secone isn't kicking on. If it's been a while since it was used, the valve may be stuck. Sometimes you can tap on the valve & free it up. It could also be some damaged wires, bad solenoid or other things.

/ massey ferguson 1433v pto problems
Where are these solenoids located on the tractor? And thanks for your help. The pto was used by my son in law just a couple of weeks prior to its demise. He was mowing and then, I hooked up the tiller on the back and turned it on and it would not work properly.

/ massey ferguson 1433v pto problems #4  
Not sure if this will help but, it happened to me. I had a finish mower that was on my MF135 which worked fine forever and when I got my new 1433v I had to try it out and what happened was the pto was an older two spline type in stead of the newer three spline and it was just a little bit short on the new tractor so that when I started mowing it was okay to start but when the grass got a little heavier the extra pressure ended up splitting the end of the shaft and slipping undetected due to the pto cover...I thought I had pto problems, just needed a new shaft...(but it wasn't instantaneous like your describing)
The next thing would be is the pto engagment lever all they way in on the back of the tractor? Sounds a little silly but I have been known to be silly myself once in awhile..
If neither of these then I would agree it is probably more serious as the previous poster mentioned....hope for the best

Merry Christmas!!:thumbsup: