Tractor
    massey ferguson 1433v

Default massey ferguson 1433v pto problems

My pto starts but only turns a few times then stops on my massey ferguson 1433v. what is wrong with it?

Tractor
    MF 5435, MF 165's

Default Re: massey ferguson 1433v pto problems

Has it been a while since the PTO was last used?

There are 2 solenoids that are used to activate the PTO, the first activates for a few seconds at about half power to help modulate the engadgement of the PTO. Then the second kicks on & holds it.

Sounds like the secone isn't kicking on. If it's been a while since it was used, the valve may be stuck. Sometimes you can tap on the valve & free it up. It could also be some damaged wires, bad solenoid or other things.

Tractor
    massey ferguson 1433v

Where are these solenoids located on the tractor? And thanks for your help. The pto was used by my son in law just a couple of weeks prior to its demise. He was mowing and then, I hooked up the tiller on the back and turned it on and it would not work properly.

Tractor
    massey ferguson 135/1433v

Not sure if this will help but, it happened to me. I had a finish mower that was on my MF135 which worked fine forever and when I got my new 1433v I had to try it out and what happened was the pto was an older two spline type in stead of the newer three spline and it was just a little bit short on the new tractor so that when I started mowing it was okay to start but when the grass got a little heavier the extra pressure ended up splitting the end of the shaft and slipping undetected due to the pto cover...I thought I had pto problems, just needed a new shaft...(but it wasn't instantaneous like your describing)
    The next thing would be is the pto engagment lever all they way in on the back of the tractor? Sounds a little silly but I have been known to be silly myself once in awhile..
    If neither of these then I would agree it is probably more serious as the previous poster mentioned....hope for the best

Merry Christmas!!