Tractor
    John Deer, 4110, Farmall "M" Farmall "H"

Default RPM gage not working

I am a new member, and so, if I am not posting in the "correct" forum, please forgive me. My name is Randy, I live in West Michigan. I am the proud new owner of a 1945 Farmall H, and 1947 Farmall M, both of which need a little tweeking here and there, but today, my question is for my John Deer. I am pretty sure it is a 2003, 4110, I beleive a 23 horse,, the RPM gage stop working day before yesterday when I was plowing snow. I am wondering what I could check to see why it may have stopped. Any ideas would be greatly apprecitated.

Tractor
    Kubota L3700SU

Default Re: RPM gage not working

Welcome rhclapper63.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

you could check the tachs cable/wiring to see if it worked its way lose.or the tach couldve just quit working.

Tractor
    John Deer, 4110, Farmall "M" Farmall "H"

I will check some things either today after work or tomorrow thanks,,,
    have another question, although unrelated.. what does the "silver" or "bronze" signafy for membership status?
    what does "Bronze memember" or the like mean?

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Most likely your tach is driven by a signal from the alternator rather than a mechanical cable. Check the back side of the alternator to see if all connectors are tight. You might uplug and replug the connectors and look for dirty or corroded connections. I'm not talking about the main power connection on the back of the alternator that is normally held on with a nut. I'm talking about a plug-in plastic connector with prongs that might be corroded. Since your tach is probably electronic, a check of all your fuses would be a good thing to do also.

The metallic titles and other classifications relate to how many posts you have on TBN. The more you post, the higher the classification, except in my case where I post so much the administrator will probably give me a classification of "Rusty Scrap Metal."
    Jim

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    Most likely your tach is driven by a signal from the alternator rather than a mechanical cable. Check the back side of the alternator to see if all connectors are tight. You might uplug and replug the connectors and look for dirty or corroded connections. I'm not talking about the main power connection on the back of the alternator that is normally held on with a nut. I'm talking about a plug-in plastic connector with prongs that might be corroded. Since your tach is probably electronic, a check of all your fuses would be a good thing to do also.

The metallic titles and other classifications relate to how many posts you have on TBN. The more you post, the higher the classification, except in my case where I post so much the administrator will probably give me a classification of "Rusty Scrap Metal."

Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

According to deere's website, it is a cable driven tach. So more than likely the cable broke. Also, if the tach doesn't work, it means the hour meter doesnt work either.

My tach cable broke on my kubota @ 0.3 hours. Replaced under warrenty of course, but a tach cable shouldn't be too expensive.

Heres a link for you. Part #10

John Deere - Parts Catalog
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

MX5100 DIY Remotes
    MX5100 Diverter install

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota MX5100HST w/LA844
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Tractor
    and i just got a 580 c case backhoe real good shape got another kubota 2100 .. 2 - 684 IH 2 -8 N Ford had B275 IH MF # 50 work bull MF 35 all redone 65 mf 1750 kabota

looks like you got some good answers to your problem and for the bronze it is your status of when you join it will keep moving up as you stay on the site
    JACK OF ALL TRADES MASTER OF NONE

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    318 John Deere, 4200 John Deere, 1947 John Deere "M"

Some Tractor Info for Ya, can be found here:TractorData.com John Deere 4110 tractor information