Ok whats wrong with this pic

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic
And when I sell a tractor I spend an hour or two going over the tractor pointing out inportant grease fitting and check plugs so all my customers are aware of this.

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #22  
Well maybe he cleans it alot? with a giant water hose:D... Everyone wants something for nothing...

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic
Lol that's true. I do try to b a stand up guy. We are a small dealer and like to know all our customers on a first name basis. Luckily we are n a small town and that makes it easy. But here in the last few yrs we have been getting more customers 2 to 3 hundred miles away so hopefully. We r doing something right.

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #24  
Its a MF1532. There are shipped from Japan but as soon as they reach port and are unload Massey goes threw them and finishes assembling them. When I receive them I have my guys go over with a fine tooth comb which involves pulling the plug on the bell housing and checking for water.

That clears that up well for me. Thanks.
Maybe a casual visit to the guys place to look over the pond?

I did some part-time work for a local Deere dealer, and they had a small CUT (4100) in for a busted rear end casting. Back and forth and finally Deere replaced the casting. I was asked to deliver the repaired tractor.
When I unloaded it, I could see the large elm tree stump, the long chain still on the stump, a good number of cement blocks, and the tire marks. Pretty obvious that he was getting a good run at that stump trying to jerk it out. The stump near the size of the 4100.
He didn't tell the dealer about that part, but I think they knew or had a pretty good idea that it was abuse.

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #25  
The tractor is 2 and half years old and the customer says he uses it everyday.It has 120 hrs on it, not alot for everyday use. I for one think its been under water. What do you think.

I keep staring at these pics and I don't see what everybody else sees... IMHO, the owner has a very good warranty case..
IF it had been underwater, unless he drove it thru a swimming pool, where is the mud/sediment that would have been stirred up by the front wheels that would have driven in first?
Where is the "high water" line in the housing that should be there if it was submerged?
There appears to be a gasket on the engine adapter plate, did IT fail? Was it installed correctly from the factory?
Living in East Texas myself, I can actually see where with the right set of circumstances, this could happen without owner abuse. The high humidity levels, being left outside, the always changing weather from 80 degrees and sunny one day to 35 and raining the next, and intermittent use could cause "thermal cycling" of the air space inside the housing area.. it would just hold the moist air in there and form the corrosion... Is the clutch plate overheated and/or burnt up? OR is the hard shifting due to the release bearing seizure/clutch splines seizing up?
Not saying it DID happen, just saying I could DEFINITELY see where it COULD happen.

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #27  
I don't know PoorMan, A couple of cliches: If your walking down a path and hear hoof beats behind you, you probably think Horses, .......not Zebras! If it walks like a Duck, 'Quacks like a Duck', it's most likely a 'Duck'! Granted, thery're other reasons for that moisture/water, but you've gotta factor in the probablities.........~S

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #28  
pwl- Who hit the nail?

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #29  
...but you've gotta factor in the probablities...

I am not so sure you do.

If 95% of the time this would result from water immersion and only 5% of the time from normal use and exposure, out of 1000 tractors you would have 50 with this problem from normal use.

50 sounds like a lot of customers to deny justified warranty service to.

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #30  
I would have to say the water was in the bellhousing for quite a while. That isn't surface rust. I would guess the water was in there for months or longer. Some of the rust has pitted and that takes a long time to happen. It also appears the bellhousing is sealed with a gasket, so how could water get in. Arround the starter possibly. If that is the case could the water gotten in from pressure washing and had no way to get out.Does the owner regurally pressure was it. Or being left out side could rain find its way in. Don't start doubting your customer quite yet. He may be being truthfull.
Bill