Ok whats wrong with this pic

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #521  
I got an Akerman excavator stuck in the River Severn near Cardiff once. We were working on a tip site next to the river, and I was told to go in at low tide to dredge out rubish which had slipped down the bank into the river. All was going well until it came to get back out - the mud there is real deep and I didn't have enough reach to pull myself back up the bank. While trying to get out I shed a track (just to make things worse), and while trying to fix that the tide started coming in...

In the end we managed to drag (with help of a dozer and volvo A25) the excavator high enough up the shore that while it did go under water, luckily it did not get into the engine. The cab electrics took a while to dry out though!!! :ashamed:

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic
Any final word on how Rusty and his clutch are doing?

So far so good. Drove by his place a few weeks ago and he still has it and was working it. Guess hes happy.

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #524  
So far so good. Drove by his place a few weeks ago and he still has it and was working it. Guess hes happy.

I'm going to stick with my guess that, in time, he will turn out to be a regular nice guy and do a de-facto apology by turning into a customer for you.
Maybe even a good customer.
You were way too nice and accomadating as a dealer and if he doesn't know it now, he eventually will.

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #525  
I'm going to stick with my guess that, in time, he will turn out to be a regular nice guy and do a de-facto apology by turning into a customer for you.
Maybe even a good customer.
You were way too nice and accomadating as a dealer and if he doesn't know it now, he eventually will.

Maybe...but would it be fair to deprive all the other dealers around of their chance to have him as their customer? :D

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #526  
How did this turn out? Any further contact from the customer? Maybe a smile and a tip 'O the hat when he drives by? Any anything?
You certainly went out of your way to help him.

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic
Well so far I have not heard anything from the customer. I drove by his house a few months ago and he was out there mowing with it and it seemed to be working fine. I hope he is happy with it and it ends up being a great tractor for him.