Ok whats wrong with this pic

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #1  

jlsmith

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF 285 Long 560 MF2670 CX100
The tractor is 2 and half years old and the customer says he uses it everyday.It has 120 hrs on it, not alot for everyday use. I for one think its been under water. What do you think.

Attachments

• shop2 046.JPG
    shop2 046.JPG
    355.9 KB · Views: 2,429
  • shop2 048.JPG
    shop2 048.JPG
    345.4 KB · Views: 1,996
  • shop2 049.JPG
    shop2 049.JPG
    356 KB · Views: 1,468
  • shop2 053.JPG
    shop2 053.JPG
    361.2 KB · Views: 1,682
   / Ok whats wrong with this pic #2  
Sure looks like it...is he denying that it's been in the water?
Ask him if he's crossed streams or shallow creeks.

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #4  
Unless it is stored in a very damp building, maybe. But I find that hard to believe.

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #5  
jlsmith said:
The tractor is 2 and half years old and the customer says he uses it everyday.It has 120 hrs on it, not alot for everyday use. I for one think its been under water. What do you think.

Defiantly been submerged at some point, at least thats what i think.

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic
Nope its kept out side under a tree. When i stated to him that it looked like its been under water the first thing he said was "I never got it stuck in the pond, besides its 4 wheel drive haw can u get a 4 wheel drive stuck" :laughing: i said ok. Ive seen plenty 4x4's stuck.

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #7  
Nope its kept out side under a tree. When i stated to him that it looked like its been under water the first thing he said was "I never got it stuck in the pond, besides its 4 wheel drive haw can u get a 4 wheel drive stuck" :laughing: i said ok. Ive seen plenty 4x4's stuck.

His reply is a red flag. Especially the "how can you get a 4wd stuck..." line. I can get one stuck right now if I wanted to, my neighbor has a pond and I'm sure with snow around it I could manage to get it stuck...or even submerge it!

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic
His reply is a red flag. Especially the "how can you get a 4wd stuck..." line. I can get one stuck right now if I wanted to, my neighbor has a pond and I'm sure with snow around it I could manage to get it stuck...or even submerge it!

Thats true. I do try to stand behind my customers 100% but sometimes you just got to shake your head. Im getting with my area service manager mon and see what he says. Now hes hollaring he bought extended coverage but i have the paper work showing his signature declineing it. Cant wait to see where this goes.:D

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #9  
I would say it's been wet and it was more than a quick dip. Any other signs of water in gear boxes or other hidden spots. Might pull a few drain plugs and catch what comes out first.

Dan

/ Ok whats wrong with this pic #10  
Ya-know He should be honest about it, It sure looks like Tractor has been through some high water or has been under some water at one time. Hard call maybe have him come to shop to view real time views of tractor after disassembly?
DevilDog