Air tool storage ideas?

/ Air tool storage ideas? #31  
   / Air tool storage ideas? #32  
Now thats the way to go, I'll have to get me some of those. :thumbsup:
Thanks

/ Air tool storage ideas? #33  
yep.. i forsee a trip to HF later this week!

/ Air tool storage ideas? #34  
My one garage is a block two car garage built into a hillside. Moisture ruins everything. Zip lock bags and WD-40 have helped. Thank you for the Harbor Freight tip. Works even alittle bit it will help.

/ Air tool storage ideas? #35  
I have my impacts in a drawer, I do lube them a lot and my air ratchets I stand them up in a plastic bottle, with Synthetic ATF in it, 1/2 way up, that cleans the head, and rotator. I have used every impact there is, I use to go threw an air ratchet, worn out in 6 months, keeping them clean in the oil they lasted at least a year.
I had the Ingersoll Rand fancy unit and it spent more time in the shop being fixed than it did at work, I bought a Campbell Hausfeld at Wall mart for less than $20.00 and it had a three year warranty, I used it every day for at least five years and five years since retiring, the fancy one they bought back, I did buy an Ingersoll 3/8 pistol great unit and I mainly use my CP 734, great gun, I flush them with ATF regularly.

/ Air tool storage ideas? #36  
I have a drawer in my toolbox for most air tools. The larger ones have their own drawer. I do squirt a small amount of WD40 in the air chuck prior to use and so far no problems.

My shop also serves for woodworking as well.
I also clean/flush away the grime with WD40 every so often and so far (22 yrs) no problems, in fact I also lube using WD40.
WD40 is thin, under pressure and lubes! How better to clean service a pneumatic tool. For small crevices a stiff artists brush also helps.

Often friends bring me totally crudded up air tools and WD40 has always got them back to service as generally they were over lubricated and then dried up.

/ Air tool storage ideas? #37  
This thread just keeps going and going

/ Air tool storage ideas? #38  
This how I store mine. It does take 2 hands, but if in a draw it's almost two hands. That isn't any trouble at all. Main thing is out of the way, no dirt daubers, and dirt. Has worked good for me for years.

Attachments

• BX 3Pt 015a.jpg
    BX 3Pt 015a.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 1,590
   / Air tool storage ideas?
Hm, I started this thread and haven't been back to it for awhile. I did buy some of the HF caps, they work well. I ended up notching a piece of angled metal I had laying around. Kinda bent the corners of the notch up a bit so the tool hangs from the air nipple. The holder is screwed to my basement rafters. Works great for me.