mounting 4" hand truck tires

/ mounting 4" hand truck tires #1  

jake98

Veteran Member
Tractor
53 Cub, 70's JD 410, Kioti 25hst
I'm open for all suggestions, this thing's kickin my butt. I got it off and got a tube in it, but getting it back on is proving to be a pain.

/ mounting 4" hand truck tires #2  
Does it have a 2-piece rim? Otherwise some soapy lubricant might do the trick.

/ mounting 4" hand truck tires
I think I'm gonna make one out of wood on my bandsaw. It's a 4" molded rim. There must be a trick to it, no way can I get enough hands and screwdrivers on it, and I don't want to stick myself in the eye.

/ mounting 4" hand truck tires #4  
I think I'm gonna make one out of wood on my bandsaw. It's a 4" molded rim. There must be a trick to it, no way can I get enough hands and screwdrivers on it, and I don't want to stick myself in the eye.

Put a long bolt through the center hole and clamp down on it with a vise. Then you only have to keep it from spinning.

Aaron Z

/ mounting 4" hand truck tires
Put a long bolt through the center hole and clamp down on it with a vise. Then you only have to keep it from spinning.

Aaron Z

That sounds like a good idea, thanks. I was trying to do it with the h/t stood on it's side, but that would be better.

Edit: I put a threaded rod thru the drill press table and used 2 vice grips on the rim, that was the ticket. Then I just had to fight with the valve stem. Now I know why they get so much for a hand truck tire, because they can.

Last edited: