retaining spring for shifter handle in trans. for a 91 ish Mitsubishi 2600FD

/ retaining spring for shifter handle in trans. for a 91 ish Mitsubishi 2600FD #1  

rurban52

Tractor
2600FD Mitsubishi 31hp fwd
I'm new to the site,but, very glad you are here!! I have a 91 ish fwd 2600 FD Mitsu. The spring that holds the shifter handles in place, in the transmission((top of case) broke. I'm trying to locate a new one or two. I haven't been able to locate a parts listing for this spring. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

/ retaining spring for shifter handle in trans. for a 91 ish Mitsubishi 2600FD #2  
Try len sheaffer at japaneesetractorparts.com or bill at valley power.both are very nice and try to help.

/ retaining spring for shifter handle in trans. for a 91 ish Mitsubishi 2600FD #3  
Actually, it is a spring with a steel ball, that presses into the indents on the back of the shifter arm. Mine quit "latching" into position, and I took the shifter arm off, and saw that the spring had rusted in place. I went to the hardware store, got a new spring, ran a drill bit into the hole to clean it out, put wheel bearing grease in the hole, then the spring, ball, and then put the shifter arm back in place. Works like a charm.

Tom

/ retaining spring for shifter handle in trans. for a 91 ish Mitsubishi 2600FD
Rick at best used tractor hooked me up. He gave a quick response and service.:thumbsup: