perkins 1104-44t engine failure

/ perkins 1104-44t engine failure #1  

underbrusher

Tractor
asv pt100 gyrotrac cutter head, jd 5525,5105,5603,4720,5210,997,544e,ford 8340,3000
My perkins engine threw a rod with 860 hours on it. Perkins is not honoring its waranty. Wondered if anyone else is having trouble with this engine?

/ perkins 1104-44t engine failure #2  
G'day odd for perkins not to honour a claim what is the engine in and how old?

Jon

/ perkins 1104-44t engine failure #3  
I've been reading about serious issues with Chinese built Perkins engines. I'm no expert and what I've been reading may just be anti-chinese propaganda.

here's a link to a professional pilot site..U.s. Continental Engine Co. Sold To Chinese Interests. - PPRuNe Forums .. check out post #10 .. other info is available if you look around.

Get some similar stories and see if you have a hope getting any warranty help.

BTW: how old is this engine, and what's it in?

/ perkins 1104-44t engine failure #4  
The 1104 series has not been the real "Perkins for several years now, who did you buy your tractor from, you may be able to get help from that dealer,if you self imported your out of luck.We can still get parts for this engine but you will have to buy them.Here is there contact information

Address:
Tianjin Beichen Hi-Tech Industrial Park (West of Jinwei Road ,Beichen District)
Tianjin, China
Code : 300402
Web Site :www.lovolengines.com

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales Co.
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

/ perkins 1104-44t engine failure #5  
My perkins engine threw a rod with 860 hours on it. Perkins is not honoring its waranty. Wondered if anyone else is having trouble with this engine?

If you bought the tractor from an authorized dealer, you may have a degree of recourse...even if the machine is out of warranty.
If you bought it used, you're probably SOL, unfortunately.

/ perkins 1104-44t engine failure
My perkins is in a asv pt100 forestry track loader. It has 860 hours on it and is less than 2 years old. Perkins is still refusing any warrenty. Hope my lawyer has better luck than I have. Let me know of any more failures that you have heard of.

/ perkins 1104-44t engine failure #7  
Still in the warranty period doesn't mean automatically covered. What are their reasons for not covering the damage? A manufacturer denying coverage is usually due to one or more of the warranty exclusions coming into play.

Was the machine used within its specified design parameters? Were repairs and maintenance done as per the manufacturer's recommendations? Were recommended fluids and such used? Was the machine operated in an environment outside of its spec'd capability....such as on excessive inclines where the possibility of oil starvation could lead to damage?

There are lots of valid reasons for a company to deny coverage, so what exactly are they telling you?

/ perkins 1104-44t engine failure #8  
hey underbrusher call me 843-230-8222 i might be able to help you

/ perkins 1104-44t engine failure #9  
There was a string of failures in those brush machines a few years back, not sure which engine model though. Not enough cooling or something like that.

/ perkins 1104-44t engine failure #10  
I am an ASV Tech. We have had alot of problems with Perkins especially in the 60 and 100 series. Rods, head gaskets ,turbos and injector pumps. Perkins is a pain to deal with as they try to wear you down and hope you go away. It's a problem for customers as ASV as no control over what Perkins does, it's like buying a new Chevy and the dealer tells you that they can't work on the engine if it's under warranty.