Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Default Re: How to pop out frost plug ?

Here's a picture of the block heater for a TC25D. The electrical cord plugs into the 2 posts visible in the right hand picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the info on the heater. Look forward to the picture.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Bolens HT-20

I wish I could find the heater I read about a few years ago. It installed in a heater hose. What was really neat about it is that after it warmed the fluid up that was around it, it would pulse it forward and get new fluid to heat up. This way the whole block was warmed.

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

I had one of those on my car back in the 70s. It went bad, burned a hole in its side and pumped all of my anti freeze out onto the ground [img]/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif[/img] I repaired it and got a block heater.

Tractor
    NH TC29D

Been there - seen that - and smelled that too ...

Terrible stink - glad it didn't start the car on fire.

Freeze plugs good - hose heaters bad.

Brad in NH

Where it gets cold once in a while ...

I did not have any problems with the couple of hose heaters I had. Guess I got lucky on the brand or something. They didnot pulse and pump though, just heated by conduction thru the water. After hearing of your problems I believe I will go with a block heater next time too though.

Ben

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Bolens HT-20

Yikes!!!! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif[/img] What an ugly thing to wake up to when settin' out for work on a cold morn! I'm glad now that I never pursued that product!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Mike, that's exactly what I put in my TC 40D. Do you remember what you paid for it and did it come from your NH dealer? Rocko, I took pictures last night but left the disk in the camera. Will try to remember to post tomorrow.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

<font color=blue>Do you remember what you paid for it and did it come from your NH dealer?</font color=blue>
    I bought it from my NH dealer. I think the cost was about $20, which included shipping to my home.

Well. I picked up my block heater today from the very helpful guys at NAPA. My local dealer wanted $32, went to NAPA with frost plug size in hand and the NAPA guys went out of their way to to check their stock for one that would fit. $20 , not bad ! Tommorrow I'm going to install, decided to use my slide hammer dent puller to remove frost plug even tho instructions said to use screw driver or chisel &amp; hammer to spin plug 90 deg. and pull out with pliers. Don't like the idea of using a hammer and pounding on engine. Should be easy job. (famous last words)

later

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast