How to pop out frost plug ?

/ How to pop out frost plug ? #31  
Whoops ... Here is the pic ....

Attachments

• 48-216795-PC120003.JPG
    48-216795-PC120003.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 135
   / How to pop out frost plug ? #32  
I had a lot of trouble over the weekend trying to get an accurate measurement of the diameter of the hole on my NH. There's much more stuff in the vicinity of the hole on my NH than there appears to be on your JD. Seems to be about 1-1/2". Don't have the part no. with me but will get it tomorrow. You could always pick up the NH part, and then if you didn't like it or it wouldn't fit, return it.

/ How to pop out frost plug ? #33  
djradz ,

Thanks for the effort. I do have some good/bad news to report.

First the bad news :

I went with the JD part as described eariler

Now the good news :

Because the dealer did not give me all the correct parts or info to begin with , they did not charge me for the adapter. :)

The freeze plug that this uses is the one on the opposite side of the block as the starter. It is a regular plug with 2 screw sockets for the adapter to screw into , then the heater threads into this. Pic attached. Once I get it installed I'll post a pic.

Just a heads up for other JD owners who go this route.

Mark

Attachments

• 48-217540-4110-heater-complete.JPG
    48-217540-4110-heater-complete.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 124
   / How to pop out frost plug ? #34  
THANKS...I was thinking about adding one to my 4110 and this will sure help...

/ How to pop out frost plug ? #35  
JDGREEN4ME ,

Below are the JD Part Numbers. The freeze plug location is on the right side of the motor as viewed from the seat. Just above the throttle linkage towards the back. It is a bit crowded , but the plug has 2 screw slots next to it for the adapter.

AR871167 - Block Heater 400W $50.00
AM101390 - Adapter Kit - $42.00

Hope this helps. I'll post some more pics as I do the install.

Mark

/ How to pop out frost plug ? #36  
Strange. On my Kubota, they have a threaded plug that uses a 17mm hex wrench to remove. Unscrew that (AFTER buying a 17mm wrench /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif ) and thread in the block heater. Cost was about $50 if I remember. I wonder why they don't do this on all tractors. Seems to me that half the country may want block heaters, and having it ready for it sure makes it nice....