Lets talk BATTERIES (12v starter batteries)

/ Lets talk BATTERIES (12v starter batteries) #21  
Racerboy.....I'm intrigued....
My kubota glowplugs are heated when I first turn on the ign switch but the yellow light goes out within about 3-6 seconds. This leads me to believe that they are no longer taking current. :confused: What is different about yours and WHAT did you do about it? You say it spins fast without the GP's.....HOW did you disable them? and does it START well without them?:confused2:

/ Lets talk BATTERIES (12v starter batteries) #22  
You Prolly have some more Hi tech system. My plugs work when I go left with the Key. They are also wired so that when you put the key to start they have power. All I did was make it so when I turn the key to the left it powers the plugs, I took the jumper off so when I turn it to the right there is no power to the plugs. The time it takes to turn the key from left to right this plugs are still glowing so I needed the extra power to the starter solenoid. If you google tractor starter improvement kit. You will come up with a relay kit that basically make sure full batt voltage go to the starter solenoid through the relay. It's a common problem with tractors due to all the safety switches. Mine starts like a champ cause it spins at twice the speed.

/ Lets talk BATTERIES (12v starter batteries) #23  
WOW, that would be an improvement. What kind and age is your tractor? mine is 11 years old now.....kubota