Need Help from All L245DT Drive Train?

/ Need Help from All L245DT Drive Train? #1  

fbson395

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota L245DT Craftsman YS4500
Need advise as to what would cause my left rear tire to stop, as in something is hanging up. This problem just started, Not sure as to all that is going on yet, but their is a noise from the left rear axle area and the wheel stops. I shifted into reverse and it cleared it? Somewhat,Sounds like a gear hangs up. I will trouble shoot it more closely and try to give a more detailed story. :confused:

/ Need Help from All L245DT Drive Train? #2  
Raise the rear off the ground and spin / shack the rear tires, you may just have a brake hanging up, or it could be a bad bearing.

E/S

/ Need Help from All L245DT Drive Train?
Thanks for the reply. I will get on this problem on monday.When it locked up it was like a gear was jamed. Will post my findings.

Had a chance to look at my tractor today. Turns out that the left front wheel where the steering drag arm is at is worn out. After taking the wheel off and removing the housing the top bearing was GONE! As in rusted away. The ball bearings got into the gears and that stopped the wheels from turning.Now I'm not sure if that will be the only problem or if the rear wheel is still a problem. Will just have to repair the front first and hope for the best.The moral support from this site is wonderful! The parts are on order and I spoke to a guy at a machine shop about repairing the worn drag arm and bracket.

/ Need Help from All L245DT Drive Train? #5  
While you are waiting for parts, I would suggest you check the rear bearings.

E/S

/ Need Help from All L245DT Drive Train? #6  
Could be the temporary lock rear end mechanism on the rear end is not releasing on one side also. Check that out.

Yes! You are correct, I need to remove both rear tires and check it out . I also ordered gaskets and seals for the rear.That's what I like about this site, keeps me on the straight. Thanks for the push.