Hydro foot pedal adjustment

/ Hydro foot pedal adjustment #1  

nh1520

Tractor
New Holland 1520
I have a '96 New Holland 1520 and recall reading some recent posts on how adjustments can be made to the hydro foot pedal to make it return to neutral and stop the tractor from traveling. I've had this problem with mine almost since I've had it (new in '96) and basically have just learned to live with it. Mostly when it cold, I always have to step back on the reverse end to stop forward movement or I'll run into something. In warmer weather its better but doesn't stop the tractor quickly like I believe it should. I checked underneath and I have a small shock absorber that moves in or out depending on which way the pedal is depressed. I removed it yesterday and it feels OK with resistance in both directions, I didn't see any leaking although it does have a rubber boot on it. I removed the front panel and inspected the linkage but did not see any adjustment spring. I cleaned and lubed the entire linkage and it works smooth enough, just not quick enough. The one adjustment that I did see was was a adjustable threaded piece with a yoke on the bottom. Loosening the two nuts at the top of the rod and turning them made the tractor creep backward so I figured this was a neutral hydro adjustment only. I readjusted this to keep the tractor still in neutral (still in gear but no pressure on the hydro pedal) and put everything back together. I did notice a spring on the rod that runs underneath the "cruise control" lever. I didn't notice this spring flexing too much during movement of the hydro pedal but didn't see an adjustment on this side either. Thanks for any help or direction.

/ Hydro foot pedal adjustment #2  
nh:

I have a '95 Ford 1520 that I have had for about 8 months, and I have noticed the same thing, especially as the weather gets colder. I will be watching with interest to see if you get any replies/suggestions.

Just today, I also noticed that the safety switch on the clutch must have hung up also. When it was cold, the engine would turn over without depressing the clutch-made it impossible to warm up the glow plugs, because the starter wanted to turn the engine over. When it warmed up. I didn't have the problem any more, but then I didn't need the glow plugs/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. Perhaps I need to lubricate the switch?/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

/ Hydro foot pedal adjustment #4  
Thanks, Steelfan. I must have missed that thread earlier. I will try to check it out this weekend.