asv skid steer safety system problems

/ asv skid steer safety system problems #1  

mrbs66

Tractor
2006 asv rc50
hi all! i am new to this forum and i would like to introduce myself. i am Brad and i own and operate a lawn care/landscaping company in upstate ny. so my problem that im having with my loader is that it starts and runs great but the machine will not move. hydraulic levels are good. it is acting like there is a short in one of the safety seloniods. anybody have any ideas? thanks alot

/ asv skid steer safety system problems #2  
What model ASV?

i got a ASV 4810 but sadly there ain't much trouble shooting info on them from the factory
Google ' ASV parts.com '. There is a manual you can download for free
They might have more info for newer models.

/ asv skid steer safety system problems #3  
Are your wheel motors working properly? What is the number of hours on the machine?

/ asv skid steer safety system problems
ok, thanks for the replies. the problem seems to be with the electrical system. i replaced the alternater with a new one as it was not charging. ran it for about 5 hrs or so and now its not charging again and the safety system is intermitantly not working again. all the fluid levels are all good and i beleive it has around 2000 hours on it.

/ asv skid steer safety system problems #5  
What ASV machine do you have? I have a 2001 HD4500 machine and have just resolved a similar problem with my machine. If it is an older machine like mine it is very easy to troubleshoot the electrical system as there just isn't much to it. My thought is that on most any machine if the safety system is intermittent it's either the seat/bar switch, a neutral switch, or a relay. Let us know which machine you have and perhaps someone can help.

/ asv skid steer safety system problems #6  
Hi - I have an HD 4500 ASV. You may be half right on the seloniod. That is an electrical problem and maybe you can find a fix on the net. Also could be a defective seat switch, also an electrical problem. Last, but not least is "Low charge pressure". The oil that is supplied to the main drive pumps. If the pressure is low the drive pumps may not shift at all. If you had a pressure guage you could tell the pressure. Open the filter access panel on the muffler side and locate the cap on the elbow fitting in the lower right hand corner. Remove this cap and quickly screw on the pressure guage. Now start the engine and run at idle. The pressure should be 280 to 320. If not the pump may be bad.