Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Default TNT top links

I dropped a note to Cross Manufacturing(they make hydraulic cylinders). I asked about top links, and mentioned this site, as someone was building a setup a few weeks ago. This was thier reply:

<font color=blue>Unfortunately, we do not(Make them rn). Here is a link that might be helpful.
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.worksaver.com/product/haf-op.html>http://www.worksaver.com/product/haf-op.html</A>

also might try a search on google.com
    for hydraulic top link cylinder. It brought up some sites.
    best regards, Linda</font color=blue>

FYI, FWIW

Tractor
    JD 4300

Default Re: TNT top links

Try this one:

http://www.green-mfg.com/?p=toplink.php

I'm putting one on my JD4300

JRF

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40D Supersteer

I've talked with Gary at Green Mfg, trying to get them to make up some Cat I toplink cylinders. He said they weren't sure they would sell enough to make it worthwhile. The one they sell is a Category II, with 1" diameter swivels (rather than 3/4"). I installed the Category II on my New Holland TC40D, and bought two bushings for $3 to make up the difference. The cylinder hose fittings take 1/2" pipe fittings, and it is also cheaper to use a 1/2" to 3/8" reducer at the cylinder (bought at a local plumbing supply), then buy premade 3/8" hoses with swivel adapters (available at Northern Equipment).

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

<font color=blue>I've talked with Gary at Green Mfg, trying to get them to make up some Cat I toplink cylinders. He said they weren't sure they would sell enough to make it worthwhile. </font color=blue>
    Did Gary say how many Cat I toplinks they'd have to make in order to make it worthwhile? I bet we could get enough TBNers to buy them...me for one!

Veteran Member
    Tractor

He said they make the Category II top links 10 at-a-time. Doesn't seem like that is an insurmountable quantity. I believe they could use the same cylinder as in the Category II top link, just shorten it 2" to make a retracted length of 18.5". I think they could do this by cutting the cylinder rod shorter and making the tractor-end swivel a bit shorter. The Category II they sell sure is a good price. Maybe Muhammad could act as an in-between and then sell hats and Top-Link cylinders!

Tractor
    Satoh S650G, MF135, MF165, JD5205

Hi Chris,

What was the cost of the cylinder/kit?

Somehow, I thought you or someone mentioned this company before but I couldn't find it in a TBN search...

Veteran Member
    Tractor

The cylinder was $90, with $9 shipping to Michigan, from <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.green-mfg.com/?p=toplink.php>Green Manufacturing Top Link</A>

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

I made my own setup a year ago. Recent conversation here made me think "why not ask a manufacturer?". That was the replay from Cross.

Veteran Member

I have cat hydraulic top &amp; side links available. Email me at sheaftractor@coiinc.com for more info.