Can't find neutral on TC25D

/ Can't find neutral on TC25D #1  

birdsgarage

Tractor
TC25D
I have a TC25D which has 2 N (Neutrals) - the lower N started giving me problems (had to move around while holding the key to start) - finally wouldn't get neutral so I started using the other N (which worked ok).
Now, I have a real hard time getting it to work (I always try to find the N before leaving the tractor so I can start it next time I need it). I am told that there is a neutral safety switch on the transmission that costs $75. Is this a common problem and is this the solution?

Thanks.

/ Can't find neutral on TC25D #2  
:welcome:
Can you find the wires going to the neutral safety switch?

Do you have a wiring diagram?

/ Can't find neutral on TC25D
I don't have a wiring diagram - I need to order a manual (any suggestions?)
I bought it used from a neighbor when he moved away - I think it is around 8 or so years old..

I really haven't looked at anything - I talked to the place where he bought it but they didn't seem to know but they did mention the neutral switch and said it was on the transmission - I will go take a look and see if I can find it - it's cold outside..

Thanks for your prompt reply..

/ Can't find neutral on TC25D #4  
Just checked Messicks, and sure enough there are two of them and they are expensive - $68 for one, and $64 for the other.

So first I'd pull the switches and make sure there's not a mechanical issue with them - hung up with heavy oil, broken connector, etc.?

Then if that didn't work, although I'm a firm believer in neutral safety switches, at those prices I'd be jumping out one for sure, if not both. That's an obscene amount of money for a switch...

I crawled under there last evening and saw what looked to be a neutral switch just above a couple of shift levers - the wires are good and my first thought was to just clip and tie them together. I am also a real proponent of safety but I figure I've got the key and I'm the one who uses it and I always check/leave it in neutral. I'll have to see if I can find the other switch - although I would probably only bypass one of them.. I really need to get a service manual. Thanks for your input..

Thanks for the Messicks.com website -- I went there and found:

4) mid-pto safety 67.64

5) range gear safety 63.65

6) rear pto safety 28.57

I'm thinking it would be #5 - would you agree? I'm not sure what mid-pto would be - maybe the 2nd one (if there really is 2)? I'll try and get an answer from Messick-

My shift pattern: II N I N III which says I have a N between speed 2 and 1 another between speed 1 and 3.. I used to alway use the one between 2 and 1.. now trying to use 1 and 3..

/ Can't find neutral on TC25D #7  
Thanks for the Messicks.com website -- I went there and found:

4) mid-pto safety 67.64

5) range gear safety 63.65

6) rear pto safety 28.57

I'm thinking it would be #5...

Yes, I agree, not sure why I thought the mid-pto safety one would be involved, looks like it's probably just that one.

That is an odd shift pattern, might be why the switch is so expensive!

/ Can't find neutral on TC25D #8  
I would never bypass the Nuetral switch....ever. You can, however, adjust the amount of pressure that the little roller puts on the switch. That is likely your issue. Take a look and let me know. Cliff