Kioti Ck 20 HST Block Heater question

/ Kioti Ck 20 HST Block Heater question #1  

Flyman

Tractor
Kioti CK20 S HST
:confused2: I had a block heater installed on my CK 20 this summer and have a couple of questions. The Tractor is 3 years onld this summer and only has abut 50 hours on it and runs well. the question is how hot should the block heater get? Mine gets hot enough that it burns your finger trying to unplug it and the plug is difficult to take out or put in the block. Last time I unplugged it from the block, the plug tore almost in half and I was trying to be careful and just pull on the plug. I will be going by my dealer in a week or so and plan on stopping in for a new cord and advice.
I just wondered if anyone else had any similar problems or is this normal. I plugged it in at the start of winter as we usually get a lot of snow here and that is what I use the tractor for more than anything else.
Any help would be appreciated.

/ Kioti Ck 20 HST Block Heater question #2  
Don't know the Kioti model but are you talking about a cord that is removable at both ends? You're pulling the block end, not the 110v plug end from the wall/extension cord? I would think the block end would be quite hot. Mine gets too hot to touch, but the cord itself is barely warm. Not sure which you're talking about here. I remember another chap that had trouble with the removable cord, maybe on the Kioti forum.
Jim

/ Kioti Ck 20 HST Block Heater question #3  
:confused2: I had a block heater installed on my CK 20 this summer and have a couple of questions. The Tractor is 3 years onld this summer and only has abut 50 hours on it and runs well. the question is how hot should the block heater get? Mine gets hot enough that it burns your finger trying to unplug it and the plug is difficult to take out or put in the block. Last time I unplugged it from the block, the plug tore almost in half and I was trying to be careful and just pull on the plug. I will be going by my dealer in a week or so and plan on stopping in for a new cord and advice.
I just wondered if anyone else had any similar problems or is this normal. I plugged it in at the start of winter as we usually get a lot of snow here and that is what I use the tractor for more than anything else.
Any help would be appreciated.

I think you're refering to the short cord that attaches to the block heater itself. I never remove mine. It plugged ito the block heater and I have a nylon tie that holds it on the tractor via the starter cable and I attach an extension cord to the three prong 120v plug at the other end. It's not meant to be removed from the heater element after every use.

The block heater itselfgets pretty hot. That's how it heats the coolant.

/ Kioti Ck 20 HST Block Heater question
Thank you for the information. I knew it would get hot, but I didn't think the plug would be so difficult to remove from the block. When I stop at the dealers and buy a new plug, (yes the short one from the outlet to the block) I'll talk with him about it. I guess I will be leaving it plugged into the block and use the zip tie to keep it coiled up out of the way when not in use.
Thanks again.

/ Kioti Ck 20 HST Block Heater question #5  
Thank you for the information. I knew it would get hot, but I didn't think the plug would be so difficult to remove from the block. When I stop at the dealers and buy a new plug, (yes the short one from the outlet to the block) I'll talk with him about it. I guess I will be leaving it plugged into the block and use the zip tie to keep it coiled up out of the way when not in use.
Thanks again.

Where abouts in Washington are you located. I used to live in the Seattle area for almost 40 years.