Tractor
    L245DT

Default Flushing?

Ok ive now got my L245DT. Well sort of. Got it home and got the shifter stuck in reverse. Its gettin fixed by a good friends, good friend.....who seems to know what he's doing.

Besides all that rubbish, I want to do whats right for this little kubota and swap out all the fluids when I get it back. My question is in regards to trying to clean the thing out....flushing. Is there any way to flush out the old fluid remnants? Rather then just pouring new fluid all over the gunky residue that is sure to exist to some extent in a trator that old. Its new to me, and I just want it to keep working.......for a long time. Im a little OCD with maintenance, cleanliness etc. Any advice?

Tractor
    Kubota B2410

Default Re: Flushing?

My suggestion would be to get your "new" baby good and warm then change ALL the fluids at once as an initial "past due" type of maintenance item. Use GOOD quality name-brand fluids and not the off-brand or store-brand mostly because you don't have history and are concerned about build-up, which I feel is prudent.

After these new fluids have been in the machine for a while, say a few weeks or months and have been WORKED HARD with the machine at operating temperatures for a number of hours straight, I would suggest that you drain and refill them again. This should remove any sediment or gunk that may have remained after the initial fluid changes.

Be sure to replace or clean the filters and screens as appropriate at each fluid change!
    JohnG
    We have Democracy, but were founded on Liberty.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790).

I am for LIBERTY!

I Support electric trailer brakes on EVERY axle over the towing vehicle's GVW, CDLs for RVers and safety inspections on ALL licensed vehicles!

Tractor
    L245DT

Quote Originally Posted by ModMech
    My suggestion would be to get your "new" baby good and warm then change ALL the fluids at once as an initial "past due" type of maintenance item. Use GOOD quality name-brand fluids and not the off-brand or store-brand mostly because you don't have history and are concerned about build-up, which I feel is prudent.

After these new fluids have been in the machine for a while, say a few weeks or months and have been WORKED HARD with the machine at operating temperatures for a number of hours straight, I would suggest that you drain and refill them again. This should remove any sediment or gunk that may have remained after the initial fluid changes.

Be sure to replace or clean the filters and screens as appropriate at each fluid change!
    Ok sounds good. I ready have new filters on hand. Fluids as per Orangetractortalks.com