Mt 372d

/ Mt 372d #1  

Mackgyver

Tractor
Jd 790
Hi everyone. My friend has this neat little tractor. He's having a problem with getting it running. He was hauling wood Nd stopped for the day and it wouldn't start the next day. He towed it into the garage to warm it up. But still no luck. It cranks fine. The fuel system has been rebuilt recently. There is no restriction in the intake or exhaust. The glow plugs work. He shot some WD-40 in the intake but it still didn't fire. He just pulled the valve cover and found all the valves lose. He's now looking for the valve lash spec. It has a 2 cyl

/ Mt 372d #2  
What year is it and make again? It doesn't take much to make them run though. Enough fuel squeeze it hard enough and bang off you go Chitty Chitty bang bang.

/ Mt 372d
Treemonkey1000 said:
What year is it and make again? It doesn't take much to make them run though. Enough fuel squeeze it hard enough and bang off you go Chitty Chitty bang bang.

Not sure of the year but it's a Mitsubishi I called Pitt electric. They gave me the valve clearance. My friend will adjust them then try it. Yes it doesn't take much that what makes it so baffling