Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver Member

Default Skid steer latch box

Since I have several implements that use the Bush hog style quick attach I thought I could make me an adapter that I can use to also use skid steer style implements. I trying to find some place that sells just the skid steer latch box. Do some of you guys know where to find the latch box so I can make a adapter?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    NH2120 RTV500 Bobcat S250

Default Re: Skid steer latch box

Skid steer hitch parts to build a skidster adapter
    Joanne's Pot Racks & Washburn's Industrial & Ag Attachments Skid steer hitch parts to build a skidster adapter
    I've been doing a little research myself. $800-900 for an adapter for my NH7309 loader so I'll be making an adapter myself. I bought a set of stone forks a few years back that came with their own universal loader adapter which I changed into my own rudimentary quick change. I can weld these to the front of that an I'll be good to go. Now that I have a skidsteer I want to be able to use or move any of my attachments with either machine.
    Tom

Silver Member

Those two sites are one in the same. I have tried to contact them twice and have had no luck. You see their stuff all over ebay.

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Do you think they are a ripoff?
    Tom

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

Quote Originally Posted by tawilson View Post
    Do you think they are a ripoff?
    Nope. I bought Washburn's universal skid steer adapter and have been happy with it. I also bought an adaptor for my bucket. Had a welder cut the factory brackets off the bucket and weld the QA plate on. So far, so good.
    During the buying process Washburn answered emails and phone calls promptly and answered all my questions.
    QA_8295_NEW. My only issue was that they forgot to send the nuts with the unit. I went to the local hardware store and bought some lock nuts and was all set.

I see that you're from Theresa. Right after I put the skid steer adapter on my kubota I bought a set of used QA forks in Black River. Forks are tough to find used at a reasonable price.
    Todd

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • Kristi 7x18 enclosed • American Hauler 7x14 enclosed

Silver Member

I have sent them a few email asking some questions and never heard back from them. They seam to have at least 3 web sites with their products.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by millwrightdude View Post
    I have sent them a few email asking some questions and never heard back from them. They seam to have at least 3 web sites with their products.
    Sorry to hear that. I had pretty good luck with them. Hate to recommend someone if they're starting to slack off. I know that they do business under Washburn, Hayspear.com and the Pot & Rack thing.
    Todd

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • Kristi 7x18 enclosed • American Hauler 7x14 enclosed

Silver Member

It looks like they flood the market with their products but dont hve the support to go with it. They seam to have some good stuff, some of which I could use.

Platinum Member
    Tractor

They must buy the latch boxes from someone to resell. I'll buy from them when I'm ready if I don't find anyone else I'd rather do business with. I may go the adapter route for another $100.
    Yes about the forks. I just bought the skidsteer at the Watertown Bobcat dealer and I had them include a set of forks in the deal.
    Tom

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by tawilson View Post
    They must buy the latch boxes from someone to resell. I'll buy from them when I'm ready if I don't find anyone else I'd rather do business with. I may go the adapter route for another $100.
    Yes about the forks. I just bought the skidsteer at the Watertown Bobcat dealer and I had them include a set of forks in the deal.
    I bought the quick attach and the adapter plate from Washburn, but I found afterward that the adapter plates can be had cheaper from some other places, probably the most common being ebay.
    Kevin at the Bobcat store is an old buddy of mine.
    Todd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast