john deere 2940

/ john deere 2940 #1  

joe460

my 2940 all of the lift just quit all of the suden other day lift arms and hydrulics all quit at once anyone no what this might be

/ john deere 2940 #2  
When was the last time you changed the hydraulic fluid and filter?

Was it making any funny noises prior to no hyd functions?

How many hours are on the tractor?

/ john deere 2940 #3  
Did it literally quit "all of a sudden", or did it work when you left it and not work when you came back? Yanmars have a knob under the seat that stops the flow of fluid and locks the hydraulics in place. Maybe JD's do also. They can mysteriously get locked when you leave the tractor alone.

/ john deere 2940 #4  
My JD (950) has that knob. I've been led to believe that most tractors do. But my experience is not particularly broad. Stuck in the up or down position, or somewhere in between? What all hydraulics other than the 3pt? Power steering, too? FEL?

Steve

/ john deere 2940 #5  
I have the same problem. I have disconnected the supply line to the front hydraulic pump and there is no oil getting to the pump. Is there a valve or something keeping it from coming through? I have changed the hydraulic filter and oil and have cleaned the screen.

/ john deere 2940 #6  
I have the same problem. I have disconnected the supply line to the front hydraulic pump and there is no oil getting to the pump. Is there a valve or something keeping it from coming through? I have changed the hydraulic filter and oil and have cleaned the screen.

If you're not getting any trans pump pressure to frt pump there could be one of several reasons. Failed trans pump(broken gear),cracked/leaking supply tubes that furnish oil to ind pto or hyd hi-lo,stuck hyd filter relief valve

/ john deere 2940 #7  
my 2940 all of the lift just quit all of the suden other day lift arms and hydrulics all quit at once anyone no what this might be

Joe
Check to be sure the frt hyd pump coupler is intact and that hyd pump shaft is turning when engine is running.