kubota gone crazy

/ kubota gone crazy #1  

john golubinski

Tractor
Ditch witch c99,oliver oc4, ford 9 n,john Deere 314 ,bachtold dr field and brush mower
my diesel is acting like the timing is off when you put your hand over the exhaust it pulls it in and when you put your hand over the intake is blows out,wont start need help with what to look for

/ kubota gone crazy #2  
my diesel is acting like the timing is off when you put your hand over the exhaust it pulls it in and when you put your hand over the intake is blows out,wont start need help with what to look for

Please start by telling us what model it is and what it was doing before it quit running. Also knowing where you are from will help too, if we need to refer you to somebody to help you.

Brian

/ kubota gone crazy #3  
Welcome to TBN John. Brian is right more info would be helpful. With info given we can say for sure that its not right. :D

/ kubota gone crazy #5  
now you gave us all a good stumper to think about.but ive never heard of a tractor motor running backwards.but i do know the detroit motors will run backwards if over lugged or bumped way to hard in reverse.

/ kubota gone crazy #6  
I have seen a Kubota run backwards, it was being abused with a logging winch. It was shut off , restarted and was ok.

/ kubota gone crazy #7  
Early B9200's had a problem with soft timing gears. I don't remember any problems with the G5200's. I would start by pulling off the valve cover and rotating the engine by hand to make sure the valves are opening and closing. Next, I would pull the site plug out of the side of the bellhousing and see if on #1 TDC both valves are closed if on the compression stroke or both valves are slightly open on the exhaust stroke. If there is a problem in either area I would suspect that the timing gears are damaged. The engine should rotate clockwise looking at the front of the engine.

Brian

/ kubota gone crazy #8  
Does sound like it's running backwards, air filter will not last long, may even catch fire, beware!

/ kubota gone crazy #9  
I used to work for a company that run 671 Detroits in all their trucks and quite often one would stall allllllll-most then at the last second re-start running backwards it is unmisteakable sounding would be running but no power when put in gear.Hve to shut it off and try again.:confused2:

/ kubota gone crazy #10  
while I've heard of certain diesels running backwards ( wow.. no oil pressure!! ).. I wonder if perhaps he doesn't have some stuck valves. or problem in valve timing instead?

soundguy