Any Ideas on this Massey Ferguson Lift problem?

/ Any Ideas on this Massey Ferguson Lift problem? #1  

jon1996

Bronze Member
We have a Massy 275 tractor, the rear lift will not hold the implement up while at idle, I can pull it down by hand, everything else works great, No leaks and pulls and drives great just wont hold up a implement, any ideas what it could be I have not worked on tractors much
jon

/ Any Ideas on this Massey Ferguson Lift problem? #2  
sounds like it has a BAD leak. since most 3pt systems have the pump pressurizing the lift cyl thru some sort of feedback control valve ( ford uses and unloader valve ), and then there is a check valve.. the usual cause is a bad leak at the piston to cyl, or cyl to hyd cover area.. and / or a very leaky check valve.

if the machine at idle cannot overcome the leak, then the leak is greater than pump volume, or the problem is 2 fold with a worn pump as well... or a stuck open relief valve.. ( which could cause this in conjunction with a leaking check valve or lift piston.. etc.. )

got remotes you can pressure test the system with? they will be out of the lift cyl circuit so you can see what the pup is maping / relief valve is relievinng at.

soundguy

/ Any Ideas on this Massey Ferguson Lift problem?
Bump any more ideas? Gonna Have it apart this weekend

/ Any Ideas on this Massey Ferguson Lift problem? #4  
g,Day jon1996.
Maybe you have already split the tractor I hope not your problem is with the draft toplink adjustment which the toplink assembly can be removed and serviced externally if you need help with this just let me know.
Regards
Hutch.