iseki TX2160 fuel problems

/ iseki TX2160 fuel problems #1  

jimbobsparky

Tractor
iseki tx2160
Hi this is my grandads tractor he has a little one acre allotment (keeps him out of trouble in retirement)
We have been having a problem where it wont start. There seems to be getting air in the fuel system even when its running??
Has anyone had or heard of a similar problem??
i Have checked all pipesand connectiond which all look good i just dont know a lot about the fuel pumps.
any advice would be much appreciated
thanks jim

/ iseki TX2160 fuel problems #2  
Hello jimbobsparky. Wellcome to the club. I don't have a clue what you have, gas, diesel??? I would park your tractor on a sheat of plywood or some thing and let it sit, and see if it leaks fuel. First running, then shot it off, and let it sit. Look for fuel leaks on the plywood or such. One of the steel [if you have steel] fuel lines could have a small hole worn through it. Check all rubber hoses for cracks. If you have fuel filters, with drain cocks on the bottom these can leak, or suck air. The fuel pump [lift pump if equiped] can be anouther source of air. The very last thing to suspect is the injector pump. When an injector pump gets old, the first sign is it wont start, or is hard to start cold. But that is also true for the lift pump, or an air leak.
Dave

/ iseki TX2160 fuel problems
Hi thanks for your reply, it's diesel and there are metal lines from the lift pump to the injectors. I've replaced the only to rubber hoses on the tractor but I will definitely have a look into the metal pipes and fuel filter housing.thanks again

/ iseki TX2160 fuel problems #4  
I have been having air in fuel issues with my International 284 for the last few days. I ended up finding a bad seal at the sediment bowl tonight, hopefully that solved my problem. It was getting dark when I got it to fire up and run tonight so I will know tomorrow after I get to run it for a while.

/ iseki TX2160 fuel problems #5  
Before you blame the pump if your fuel lines are the same as mine there is a rubber pipe from the injecter pump to the fuel filter bowl if you replace that with a clear piece of pvc just as a temp measure you will be able to see if there is air traveling down it i had a simular problem when there was dirt in the tank that was moving around and would block the fuel line and it would draw air on the filter seal then it would clear itself after i flushed the tank and replaced the filters all was well