Deere Error Code 14

/ Deere Error Code 14 #1  

scrimshaw33

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4520 w/ cab and FEL
Anyone know how to fix this?

I had a flat tire last week, got it plugged, was back to working and an hour into working got an Error code 14 on my 4520 Deere tractor. I ran over some brush which got stuck under the tractor and I was able to remove, but not sure if it had anything to do with the code. Basically, the tractor runs but won't move in forward or reverse, everything else is functional.

The manual says it's the problem is issue is with the pump current (that the coil resistance is too high (open) or too low (short) resulting in the machine not driving.

I was hoping it was something I could fix on my own before calling the service dept. since it's not under warranty.

Seems like lately all I do is fix things! Thanks.

/ Deere Error Code 14 #2  
Straight out of the manual:

Err 14 Pump Current. Coil resistance too high (open) or too low (short). Machine does not drive. Contact your John Deere dealer.

Hope this helps. :)

/ Deere Error Code 14
Yeah, I found that too...was hoping someone knew what to do. I've read online it's an easy fix for those that know how to do it and know special tools are needed, just something needs to be recalibrated, just don't know how to do that. I don't have a dealer/service dept yet as I bought mine in another state last year.

/ Deere Error Code 14 #4  
check under the tractor and see if maybe a wire got unplugged or broken.

/ Deere Error Code 14
I haven't had a chance to look under the tractor now that it's dark but plan to during the daylight tomorrow so I can see. I've never been "under" my tractor...will such wires that would connect to the pedals be exposed under the tractor without having to remove anything (any cover or such)? Just wondering if there's any particular tools I should bring and how hard it is to access the wires that connect the pedals (and what the pedals connect to??).

From reading online I understand there's pedal and seat sensors that can be cleaned and connections checked--how do I access these?

/ Deere Error Code 14
Anyone out there know how to "recalibrate" the pump current on the pedals. I went to look at the tractor this morning and there were no wires accessible under the mat where the pedals are or under the tractor. Under the tractor there's a metal plate under where the pedals are. Should I remove this plate to check things. I'm thinking that it just needs to be "recalibrated" like some have said but don't know what to do. Is something that would be in the tech manual if I bought it? Thanks.

/ Deere Error Code 14 #7  
Look around more for the pump and wire connections under the tractor, not just under the pedal area.