Massey Ferguson 1250 fuel leak

/ Massey Ferguson 1250 fuel leak #1  

Noblerosa

Tractor
Massey-Ferguson 1250
Hello all, I've got a MF 1250 that is leaking diesel from around the fuel filter assembly. It's a very slow leak, I usually notice after it's been parked for a while. I ran it for 15 minutes and didn't see it leak once. Started this winter.

I've replaced the o-ring between the bowl and assembly per the dealer's recommendations and tightened down the metal ring that secures the bowl to the assembly as far as I can. I've also replaced the hose clamps on the tube between the fuel filter and the fuel pump.

I believe the leak is coming from the top of the fuel filter assembly where the overflow hose is for bleeding air. I've got the fuel filter set to "off" for now to see if it continues to leak (valve is usually set to "on").

Any ideas? If setting the valve to "off" stops the leak, I can live with that, but it's just one more thing to remember to do. I guess you can replace the whole assembly or maybe just the valve?

Also, what's the best way to clamp off the tube from the fuel tank to the fuel filter? I guess I could just run the engine until the tank's dry.

Thanks in advance!

/ Massey Ferguson 1250 fuel leak
Update - still appears to be leaking even with fuel filter switched to "off."

/ Massey Ferguson 1250 fuel leak #3  
The elbow input and output connections are only pressed in witha bit of sealant and can come loose and leakwith tractor vibration. I have just experienced this myself. poor design. I have temporarily fixed used gas tank epoxy but also ordered a new fuel filter housing to be sure.

/ Massey Ferguson 1250 fuel leak #4  
The elbow input and output connections are only pressed in witha bit of sealant and can come loose and leakwith tractor vibration. I have just experienced this myself. poor design. I have temporarily fixed used gas tank epoxy but also ordered a new fuel filter housing to be sure.

Had the same thing happen, but started with actually having the "o" on the fuel filter leak and spraying fuel all around. Didn't notice it until it sat in the garage for several weeks with no use. After replacing the fuel filter and "o" ring this past week, I was cleaning up the mess and suddenly had a stream of fuel flowing - I had nudged the ell slightly with a rag and it came out of filter. Couldn't believe that there was no treading, nothing, to be holding it in place. I too will be trying an epoxy to see if it will hold and not leak. What a stupid design.