muffler to exhaust manifold gasket, HInomoto E18

/ muffler to exhaust manifold gasket, HInomoto E18 #1  

mycajah

Tractor
Hinomoto E18
I am looking for a muffler gasket for my Hinomoto E18. I have a new muffler from a supplier that did not have the correct gasket. It is a three bolt pattern with the spacing at approx. 2&7/8. I asked at a local parts house for advise on making a gasket, they said there was no way. Also, would anyone recommend a torque spec?

/ muffler to exhaust manifold gasket, HInomoto E18 #2  
Bring your old part to a different parts house and find someone interested in helping you. Can't be that hard for them to find a match...
Jim

/ muffler to exhaust manifold gasket, HInomoto E18 #3  
That's BS! Cutting a gasket isn't brain surgery, especially on the Exhaust side! I'm with Jimmy. Torquing"? "Tight", but not a 'smash'! Hey it's only an exhaust! ~S

/ muffler to exhaust manifold gasket, HInomoto E18 #4  
Hello mycajah. Get some tigh tempiture silicon seal. I use that for all my exost gaskets. It won't burn or melt. Be carfull not to over do it. You don't wont the silicon seal to squese out in to the exost system, and cause a restriction.
Dave

/ muffler to exhaust manifold gasket, HInomoto E18
Thanks everyone, I found some material at Mr. Gasket, it should arrive today. Once those bolts are tight, not smashed, I'll be back in business. Mostly anyways, I have a stuck rear diff lock that I need to get after next.