Rototiller Hydraulic driven

/ Rototiller Hydraulic driven #1  

wearelookingaa

Tractor
Kioti Ferguson
I am thinking of buying a 42 inch rototiller - hydraulic driven - it is made by Case - Is there anyone that can comment on how well these units work - My tractor has a hydraulic flow rate of appx 6 Gal. / minute - is this enough to operate this unit ? If you could - maybe send me an email as well - murray.bale@chc.ca Thank You

/ Rototiller Hydraulic driven #2  
It takes about 10 HP for the pump to develop 6 GPM's, at 2500 psi. 85 % efficiency for the hyd motor, it will develop about 8.5 HP. This should be enough to power the hyd rototiller.

Gpm's determines the rpm of the hyd motor. The drive system could be either direct drive or belt and pulley setup.

/ Rototiller Hydraulic driven #3  
There has been some discussion here in the past about using the case / ingersoll attachments on other tractors. Seems I recall they use a thicker (motor oil ? ) hydraulic oil in their hydraulic system....... so your standard hydraulic oil may pose a bit of a problem running their attachments. If anyone has experience using the case / ingersoll attachments on other tractors.... I'd be interested in hearing how well, or poorly, they work. They make some neat hydraulic attachments.

/ Rototiller Hydraulic driven #4  
viscosity_table_2.jpg

/ Rototiller Hydraulic driven #5  
Some Case machines use ATF, and other use 10W-40 motor oil with Case additives, and others use Hy-trans fluid.