135 mf

/ 135 mf #1  

rons135mf

Tractor
massey ferguson 135 us
just bought my tractor learning about the problems i inherited, but I am a country boy at heart . bought this tractor for nostalga and to do yard work.

/ 135 mf
Thank you . I appreciate finding a spot to solve Tractor problems as i am new to the tractor world Been away from the farm 45 years and always had mcCormack Farmalls

/ 135 mf #4  
Thank you . I appreciate finding a spot to solve Tractor problems as i am new to the tractor world Been away from the farm 45 years and always had mcCormack Farmalls

Welcome to TBN.
My MF is a 1964 MF135 diesel deluxe with multipower. Bought it in July 2006 for $3600. It's a field tractor modified for use in the olive orchard (16" wheel rims in the rear, shorter front axle spindles).

DSCF0022 (Small).JPGDSCF0023 (Small).JPG

It was a mess when I got it, but it runs. Cleaned it up, rewired it entirely, repainted. It's in my shop now with an oil leak and a pto clutch problem. Old iron--always something to fix:). I love it.

/ 135 mf
I have to go thru all these proceedures but first I have to get my power steering to stop leaking oil. Going to tear it apart tomorrow . I think I would rather have standard steering than fixing the leaky 135 as they seem to be a common problem always blowing seals etc. and it is near impossible to get pwr steering parts new.

/ 135 mf #6  
:welcome:
Just a suggestion.
You might be better to post your Massey Ferguson questions in the tractor forum for them. That will be sure to get you the best hits for response, rather than this New Member Introductions forum. :)

/ 135 mf
Thanks I posted a problem on my 1967 US 135 mf Last night on the massey ferguson forum I had 45 hits but no responses . Do I post on the mf forum or on the regular repairs column ?? Sorry to be so nieve on this site but I will probably get used to it with a 44 year old tractor would appreciate your reply RM

/ 135 mf #8  
I think you did right with that post. Maybe more information and detail, pics, etc. of what you are faced with now and what you are thinking about doing to switch out the power steering. In time, hopefully a MF knowledgable member will have some help or suggestion. :)

/ 135 mf
Gee I feel bad as I haven't put any info on my profile if some one wants to chime in , can you tell me where to put the info on this site , the old tractor is looking up the diff lock is fixed the steering is awaiting seals and O-rings to stop the leak maybe I got a deal after all @ $3500.00 with 6ft snowblower tire chains and weights on front included . Thats less than the going price around here for a 3 cyl perkins tractor, Usually $4000. for tractor only, but i need some cosmetics on it which I plan over the summer. Can do most of the work ourselves. Would appreciate if someone will direct me in the direction to finish my info,etc.