Wish I woulda Found This Site 30 Days Ago!

/ Wish I woulda Found This Site 30 Days Ago! #1  

STUMP52

Tractor
JOHN DEERE X300
Hi All!

Was surfing the net looking for info/plans for attachments for my new John Deere X300 mower when I came across this site. Wish I woulda found it 30 days ago. I would have taken the mower back and traded it for the next size up under the 30 day program after learing about the transmisions in the X300.
Anyway, after learning about the problems with that tranny, I know my options when/if the tranny goes down.

/ Wish I woulda Found This Site 30 Days Ago! #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Wish I woulda Found This Site 30 Days Ago! #3  
Welcome to TBN.

Seems that has happened to me a LOT in my lifetime.

I get into something and as soon as I do I trip across all sorts of info that would have saved me BIG TIME just a week or three ago (-:

Beware this site; it can lead to SEVERE cases of Gottahava and Spenditis

/ Wish I woulda Found This Site 30 Days Ago!
Welcome to TBN.

Beware this site; it can lead to SEVERE cases of Gottahava and Spenditis

That happened to me years ago.

Oh and "I can build it cheaper and better than that!"

/ Wish I woulda Found This Site 30 Days Ago! #7  
That happened to me years ago.

Oh and "I can build it cheaper and better than that!"

Better than! YES!:thumbsup: Almost always! cause I say so!

Cheaper than! Never! :ashamed:if your listening to my wifes side of it!

/ Wish I woulda Found This Site 30 Days Ago! #8  
Welcome to TBN
I spent many weeks trying to decide between a LA or X300 or X320 and above. As you can see I got the X300. Deere says the trany is not servicable, but TuffTorque sells all the parts and rebuild kits. There is a fairly simple way to drain and change the trans oil. A new K46 trans costs $500 from TuffTorque plus shipping. Change it with 4 bolts and 6 clips in probably an hour. Rebuild for about $200 in parts. Search this site for K46 to find all the writeups. I only used my X300 this past year for 30 hours, but pulled Cyclone rake, plug aerator and plowed snow on slightly hilly 2 Ac.. So far absolutly no problems - great machine