Deck shakes and cuts off when trying to engage

/ Deck shakes and cuts off when trying to engage #41  
Just installed new clutch and all is well. Thanks everyone for your help.

I want to personally thank you for getting back to the group with the resolution! Can't tell you how many times that I've seen forum members 'bend over backwards to help with no feedback! ~Scotty

/ Deck shakes and cuts off when trying to engage
Well fellas, I have more info. Although the deck was running, there was still a bit of deck vibration. I went to the dealer and purchased a new pto to deck belt. I asked them what could be causing the issues I was having. The mechanic said it could be pulleys-done, bearings-done, clutch-did that too, or the belt. He said even though the belt looked fine, it could be stretched and have hard spots. So the clutch helped, but a new belt was icing on the cake. I am led to believe the combination of the clutch and the belt were my problems. The belt being the bigger issue. Thanks again for all of your input, and I think giving info on the outcome was the least I could do.:thumbsup:

/ Deck shakes and cuts off when trying to engage #44  
Well- Now that you've rebuilt the entire mower drive train you should be 'good to go' for quite some time.........:laughing::thumbsup:

Well- Now that you've rebuilt the entire mower drive train you should be 'good to go' for quite some time.........:laughing::thumbsup:

I certainly hope so!

On a positive note, the down time gave me the opportunity to repaint the deck. I also went over the whole thing cleaning parts, tightening nuts and bolts, and made adjustments where needed. The mower runs like new.....................so far!

Last edited: