Thanks Kubmech

/ Thanks Kubmech #1  

GregH

Bronze Member
Kubmech,
I am the person that asked the info on the L4310 transmission sight glass. Thanks for your help. It was broken around the top edges where it enter the black rubber seal. The odd thing was that the PTO protection cover , its bolts that go intothe case beside the site glass was very oily as if the hole for it wasn't a blind hole as it appears to be or the case is cracked. Any way all is well and your help is very greatly appreciated!!!
GregH

/ Thanks Kubmech #2  
Glad I could help GregH, that leakage around the PTO cover bolts, are you saying that, that's what you thought the problem may be, but turned out to be the sight glass? Or it's leaking there now. Those bolt holes should be "blind" and if you do have leakage there it's probably a crack. Which may or may not cause problems in the long run. The only problem is, that whole rear housing would have to be replaced. I know nobody likes to have their tractor torn apart that much, especially when it's relatively new.

/ Thanks Kubmech
KUbmech, Now that I have changed the sight glass I don't see any leaks but have not used the unit yet so if there is a crack I probably haven't flexed it yet. The oil I saw may have been trapped behind the mount for the PTO shield and ran down on the bolt as I removed it. At least that is what I am going to think until I found out otherwise.
Once again thanks for your help!
GregH