Massey clutch change

/ Massey clutch change #1  

Aussiemassey

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 168
Hi There,

I have a Massey Ferguson 168 that I use to launch my boat off the beach. Recently I was returning home and one of the brakes locked up. I kept driving for a while and then left the tractor there for a couple of hours and returned to pick it up once it had cooled down. I had to drive it home with the brake locked up. Two weeks after this I started it up and the brake had released but the clutch is stuck solid and won稚 release.

I split the tractor on the weekend and it had a fair bit of oil/gunk/rust on the clutch assembly. I am going to replace the clutch assembly, change the bearings and fix the oil leak.

The manual calls for checking the alignment of the flywheel when replacing (I have to take it off to fix the oil leak). A bloke I was talking to the other day said that I should be getting the flywheel machined. Does anyone else think this is necessary?

It is a two stage clutch. Any other help or advice anyone can offer would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ryan

/ Massey clutch change #2  
G'day Ryan prob wouldn't hurt to get the flywheel machined don't worry to much about flywheel alignment i can't remember whetheryou have got a locating dowel or if you have an offset bolt pattern that will only allow the flywheel to bolt on in one position, the main thing to make sure is that all your faces are clean and then bolt up the flywheel, just make sure to tighten up the bolts in an opposing sequence

Jon