ford 1600 injection pump

/ ford 1600 injection pump #1  

cummin95

Tractor
ford 1600
i have a 78 ford 1600 im looking for a full diagram of the injection pump and also is the any way to turn tthe fuel up on the pump to make more power?

/ ford 1600 injection pump #2  
I have a 78 Ford 1600 as well. I can't answer your question, but thought it might be nice to exchange ideas since very few of us have these machines in which parts are very hard to come by. When I drained my fuel injection pump, a clear liquid came out. Not oil, as I had expected. More like Kerosene?? Not sure. The op's manual says use engine oil. Can someone verify this for me?

/ ford 1600 injection pump #3  
Here's a break-out I found in my files of the Fuel Injection Pump

Attachments

• Fuel Injection Unit break out.gif
    Fuel Injection Unit break out.gif
    48.9 KB · Views: 26,611
   / ford 1600 injection pump #4  
I am needing a diagram of the timing gear set up on the fromt of the engine showing and details how to time the injector pump this one is now injecting the fuel at the right time. the pump was not marked before it was remove but it does have some marks of some kind on it. Please help me............

Rick

/ ford 1600 injection pump #5  
I have a 78 Ford 1600 as well. I can't answer your question, but thought it might be nice to exchange ideas since very few of us have these machines in which parts are very hard to come by. When I drained my fuel injection pump, a clear liquid came out. Not oil, as I had expected. More like Kerosene?? Not sure. The op's manual says use engine oil. Can someone verify this for me?

30wt oil. It should have a check plug on the side to fill to.

/ ford 1600 injection pump #6  
You are correct as to the use of motor oil for in the fuel pump. You were LUCKY because you at least had a fluid for lube in yours but mine had nothing. I haven't had my 1600 long but did just find out that parts are like Hen's teeth. Right now I have mine torn down, only to find that the bearings in the fuel pump are SHOT. If anyone can help me find a fuel pump ASAP, due to winter coming, please let me know. Thanks, hope that I might be of some help to some of you sometime. GOD BLESS & MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.........

/ ford 1600 injection pump #7  
Here's a break-out I found in my files of the Fuel Injection Pump
Does anyone have the description page referencing the numbers on the diagram.?

/ ford 1600 injection pump #8  
The pump was made by:
Diesel Kiki which is now:
Zexel..
If u do a Google search for your pump number and leave off the last digit or two, it’ll probably come up..
(PES2A*****)

/ ford 1600 injection pump #9  
Ok I will try that search. Thanks for the feedback.

/ ford 1600 injection pump #10  
Sorry, it’s not 2A.. it’s 2K..
THATS WHY u don’t scrape a friggin name plate.!!!