Don't Let This Happen to YOU!

/ Don't Let This Happen to YOU! #1  

boustany

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3010, BX2200
Don\'t Let This Happen to YOU!

So, we had snow the other day and I figured it was time to hook up my rear blower. Seemed easy enough - I had done it a few times already.
Things went smoothley until I tried to hook up the PTO driveshaft. It wouldn't hook up tractor side! I fought and cursed and fought and crused for over three hours in the cold. The 'snap in' ball bearings were jammed!
So, I spent another half hour removing the shaft, figuring I'd bring it in the house, warm up, and figure out what the problem was.
By then it was getting dark, so I figured I would look at it in the morning. First thing in the morning, I got out cleaning solution and worked on freeing those jammed ball bearings.
Then I made an important observation: apparently, you pull back on the slip ring while sliding the shaft forward! Doh!
Almost a half day wasted in the cold ....

/ Don't Let This Happen to YOU! #2  
Re: Don\'t Let This Happen to YOU!

I think you have found out the exact cause of the problem - indirectly. It was cold and snowy. The brain does not work well under those conditions. I've had similar problems and always blame it on the cold weather. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Or hot weather, the rain, the cost of diesel fuel, [place your excuse here]... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Terry

/ Don't Let This Happen to YOU! #3  

Although I won't admit doing what you did, I just wonder how you got the shaft on the first few times??????

/ Don't Let This Happen to YOU! #4  

I've been told that most problems are caused by a direct short between the seat and the steering wheel.

/ Don't Let This Happen to YOU! #5  

I've always found in being an auto mechanic it's the nut that holds the wheel causes most problems,maybe it's the same with tractors?

/ Don't Let This Happen to YOU! #6  

Yepper that nut that holds the steering wheel is the part that causes almost all auto accidents. A very dangerous ans fallable part it is :)

/ Don't Let This Happen to YOU! #7  

The difference between a novice and an expert is the number of mistakes. Learning by doing is usually remembered, something learned by listening is usually forgotten. My experience as a Maint. Supervisor in a factory. I doubt that any TBN'er hasn't made a few mistakes, I know I've made my share. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif Happy tractoring! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Jim