Kubota B2920 50 hour service

/ Kubota B2920 50 hour service #1  

Davebota

Tractor
Kubota B2929
Hi, new to the forum. I have a new B2920 that I just performed my 50 hour service. Just a few questions as the manual doesnt quite explain it well.

First of all .....why 2 drain plugs for the oil? Second, why do I see 2 oil fill caps under the hood?

I know the one on top is for the oil, but the other is on the right side of the engine as it looks like it is conected to the injection pump. If I pull the cap off I can see gears in there. What oil goes in there or is it tied into the Hydraulic system?

Also, lots of fun trying to spin those filters on for the trans and Hydraulics so you dont lose all your oil ......

Thanks for any info you can provide

/ Kubota B2920 50 hour service #2  
I also have a new B2920 HST (hydrostatic transmission) and about ready for the 50 hour service. do I replace both the transmission filter and the hydraulic oil filter?? The oil reservoir is the same for both transmission and hydraulics ?? The owners manual shows only one fill point. How much fluid should I expect to lose when I change the filters ? Owners manual shows fluid should be changed at 200 hours.

/ Kubota B2920 50 hour service #4  
Thanks for the service link - changing oil and filters....I did not have this - should be very helpful...

/ Kubota B2920 50 hour service #5  
Thanks for the service link - changing oil and filters....I did not have this - should be very helpful...

Provided by Neil Messick. One of the site's Kubota dealers and all around helpful guy.
I no longer have a Kubota tractor, but my Bobcat has a Kubota engine. But I saved that link for just such an occasion as this. I thought maybe someone would could use the info some day.

/ Kubota B2920 50 hour service #6  
I also have a new B2920 HST (hydrostatic transmission) and about ready for the 50 hour service. do I replace both the transmission filter and the hydraulic oil filter?? The oil reservoir is the same for both transmission and hydraulics ?? The owners manual shows only one fill point. How much fluid should I expect to lose when I change the filters ? Owners manual shows fluid should be changed at 200 hours.

I recall only changing two filters at the 50 hour service. One was the engine oil filter. The other was the HST filter, on the left side of the tractor back near the rear wheel. The B2920 manual does not call for the hydraulic filter (right side of the tractor) to be changed at 50 hours, nor does it call for any fluid to be changed other than engine oil.

I parked my B2920 sideways on a hill, so that the HST filter was uphill. Doing that, I barely lost any fluid.

/ Kubota B2920 50 hour service #7  
I just serviced my B2920 today. Funny thing though, I asked the dealer how much engine oil was required because I couldn't remember from the last time I did it. They said 3.7 qts. So after using the entire gallon or 4 qts it could still use more? What's up? I seem to remember this now from last time also. Maybe the 3.7 is not including a filter change? Thoughts.

/ Kubota B2920 50 hour service #8  
I changed everything on my BX25 at 50 Hrs. Sure glad I did as I found a lot of residue in all systems. I was also changing brands of fluids and filters as I found considerable savings using NAPA stock over what the Bota dealer charges for the branded stuff someone else makes anyway. I use a filter wrench that fits over the end and goes on a socket ratchet. A long extension on that gets the engine filter off w/o removing the cowling, (it is a real PIA) like the manual says. Not sure on your B but the BX fuel filter under the cowling was a PIA also so moved it down under with the first one. I now have 600 hrs and going strong since Apr 2011.

Ron