/ Farmtrac 360 DTC #1  

Farmwanabe

Tractor
Farmtrac 360 DTC
:mad::(Running hot Changed OIL, Removed Tstat, Replaced sending unit for Gauge
Also flushed Rad. Out Has Help some Any help Would be very thankful
lavon.yates@yahoo.com

/ Farmtrac 360 DTC #2  
Is the fan belt tight (ie not slipping any)? What about the radiator fluid level, it is full right? Maybe time for a new waterpump, some of the vanes/impellers could be broken. If all that's ok, maybe the radiator is clogged up? I guess you checked to make sure it has good airflow (fins not clogged up)? If they are clear, you might need to do a flow test on it to make sure it's not clogged up internally. Regardless, you need to keep the thermostat in the motor.

/ Farmtrac 360 DTC
I had a John Deere 950 Best tractor i ever owned & yes I did Check All You Said
Also new water pump is 358.00 Not what i wanted to Hear
Thanks

/ Farmtrac 360 DTC #4  
We have a 360 DTC. We also have had some problems from time-to-time with it heating up ....

Discovered it was the screen in front of the radiator. It is there to keep the debris out of the fins and it works. However, it gets clogged, the tractor cannot breath and it shows hot.

The screen pulls out toward the side when you have the hood up.

/ Farmtrac 360 DTC
About where the Temp Gauge run at on some of your tractors
Thanks
Also Screen Is clean

/ Farmtrac 360 DTC #6  
Purchased Farmtrac DTC 360 at auction in December 2011.

Just finished repairs to make it safe to operate without further frame damage introduced by extreme shake & bake from backhoe attachment. Also had to repair clutch components in order to get PTO working.

Per temp guage, running way hot (in the "red zone") when I was bushhogging today. I let it completely cool, let it idle at 800 RPM (PTO disengaged) for 1 hour -- needle indicated 75% of the "safe range". Water, oil, belt, fan all OK. Before I get into thermostats and water pumps, can anybody tell me what the pressure rating for the radiator cap should be? Existing cap has "Asiatic" characters on it, and the number "60" stamped on it. Part number, per parts manual, seems to be LG4074.

Engine type is Misubishi S4L2-Y161GT (1.8 litre, 4 cyl, 38hp).